• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

72 Virgins Why?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Let's go for a date and you will find out, midnight on local graveyard, okie?
    Smooth....really smooth.

weirdo!
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Hmmm, maybe I should re-check that chat-up-line then

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I agree
        I was brought up in a horticultural society (thats like multicultural, but we are far more haughty) and I was taught to believe that If I blew myself up with a horse-manure bomb, killing some infidels, I would go straight to heaven where I would be presented with 72 rose cuttings

Absolutely, yes you are right.

How silly of me for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
          Absolutely, yes you are right.

How silly of me for having an opinion
          I think he was agreeing with you. OOps wrong login
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Comment

Hmmm, maybe I should re-check that chat-up-line then
              I've posted one here for you
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

I suppose the advantage of virgins would be that some might be clueless about the actual process. No dear, of course you don't use that thing at the front, what a revolting idea, turn over. Mmmmmm. Eternal botty part processing, almost worth not being an athiest for.

PS Great to see you back at your best SB, there will be some newcomers who will take you seriously. Give 'em hell.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  I'm confused.... why does AtW want or need 72 virgins?
                  To make a collection of 73.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

True, but it would be much harder to sell proposition to suicide bomb other people if they did not believe about heaven with 72 virgins waiting just for them.
                    Christian in Lebanon used suicide bombing, and 72 virgins etc. is not part of Christian belief. Except perhaps if they're nuns??? ( The muslim suicide bombers also believe that if they die as martyrs, not only are they guaranteed a place in heaven, but also their families , so it's all altruism really.).

The whole range of irrational arguements will go out of the window if religions are no longer a factor.
                    No. People would simple revert to disorganised religion = superstition.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Christian in Lebanon used suicide bombing, and 72 virgins etc. is not part of Christian belief.
                      But heaven is part of the belief. Actually I doubt they use suicice bombers since suicide is a sin in Chirstianity, but even if they did alleged existance of heaven is the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X