• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damned McCanns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    He has a point, the menacing abductor/abuser stranger/paedo is very rare. Yet public perception is it's quite common. Not to say it doesn't happen but why not start with evidence based behaviour? Rather than what The Sun would like to be true, but is very often not.
    Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing ...

In my own experience, even when a family member is 100% not a suspect and the identity of the perpetrator is known, statistics like these are used by the police and CPS not to bring charges and by others to cast aspersions on the family members. This has happened to me and my family!

I am quite certain though that if I were to take the law into my own hands that the police and CPS would suddenly be VERY keen to get me convicted.

What are the statistics for conviction rates against paedophiles and child murderers? I bet they are appalling - especially if you include all those cases where charges are never even brought. Doesn't mean they didn't do it though.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      Why don’t we have poll on whether we think the McCans are guilty or innocent… when I was studying law (yes one of my degrees I was studying Science and Law, but stupidly I changed to do double honours in science, cuz I though as a FOREIGNER, it wont be easy for me to get a job as a solicitor (sorry Ferret ))

!
      No, you would not have got a job as a solicitor because of the paucity of your logic.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
        Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing ...

In my own experience, even when a family member is 100% not a suspect and the identity of the perpetrator is known, statistics like these are used by the police and CPS not to bring charges and by others to cast aspersions on the family members. This has happened to me and my family!

I am quite certain though that if I were to take the law into my own hands that the police and CPS would suddenly be VERY keen to get me convicted.

What are the statistics for conviction rates against paedophiles and child murderers? I bet they are appalling - especially if you include all those cases where charges are never even brought. Doesn't mean they didn't do it though.
        I was half agreeing with cowboy Bob. Most child murders (don't forget they are rare events) are commited by a family member or someone close, it's a fact, not hearsay, whether the detection rate is higher for those murders I don't know, but... The police need to bear that in mind when investigating, that doesn't mean they did it, it means it's an avenue that is worth pursuing in the case of no obvious leads.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I still want to know why they had the DNA of emperor Hirohito in the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            I still want to know why they had the DNA of emperor Hirohito in the boot.
            Why is it when it comes to the DNA evidence in the HIRE car no-one is considering the possibility that the real abductor/murderer HIRED it BEFORE the McCanns did and that the evidence was ALREADY THERE by the time the McCanns hired it?

This seems a natural train of thought to me and if I was investigating the case I would want a list of all those who had hired/borrowed/used that car in the relevant time period. That is the complete list of suspects implicated by that particular evidence, not just the McCanns!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              So wait a minute, you made your mind up on the very day you heard of it. Based on what exactly - how they looked on tv?
              He probably based his gut feeling on;

1. Mrs McCann being hawt!
              2. Mrs McCann doesnt have big taataas.
              3. The McCanns are professionals and are thus tax avoiding scum!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
              X