• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its not money motivated honest....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Have they changed it? I thought being out for more than 183 days would automatically make you non-tax payer. I suppose this is what he is doing anyway, this all is obviously about taxes, but fair play to him.

No they haven't changed the rule. The 181 day rule only apples to people who were here for zero days the year before and the year after. If you are in the UK year on year you have to be absent for 274 days to cease to be resident for that one year.

HTH

tim

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      You have to be resident somewhere else for 183 days to become resident there. .
      Yes, but irrelevent.

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      You have to be ex UK for 1 clear tax year to become non domiciled.
      wrong.

1) you can spend up to 91 days in the UK
      2) you mean non resident. You can never become non domiciled by moving away temporarily.

tim

Comment

You have to be ex UK for 1 clear tax year to become ... non-resident.
        If you are intending to be away for more than one year, you can apply to be non-resident from your first day away. ( Notwithstanding 91 days of visits etc. ).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7068001.stm

Maybe he was caught by IR35? Team orders seem direction and control and I doubt he is allowed to substitute!
          Neither - he's just a really big fan of cuckoo clocks.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X