• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS/Halifax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    The odd thing is we have had many people on this forum saying they wanted to move to Australia / New Zealand/ France etc, I didn't see anyone here attacking them. But cuz we said we fancy living in the middle-east some how this is seen as a slap in the face of those 'tolerant' Brits.

Why can't some of you accept that not everyone is happy living in this country, in fact a couple of years ago most of the contractors here were going on and on about moving out of this hell hole (rip off Britain as you guys called it), many of you bought houses in France, some moved to Switzerland, Germany , Netherlands, or Denmark. Is it hard for you to accept that someone actually do feel happier when living in other countries?
    I agree with this. My children are at school and my parents live here, but without those ties I would be tempted to go and try living in France or Canada for a while - the grass seems so much greener on the other side of the fence, I'm aware of that, so I wouldn't burn my bridges straight away.

(No, I'm not French).

Comment

Sandy: No one is having a go because you want to move to the middle east, they are having a go because you keep slagging off the UK but refuse to leave.

Clippy: All ex-pats tend to stick together in communities they know, it is a support group, but most of those communities try not to rock the boat and observe local custom. Yes I drink with a chinese bloke, but that is not about integration.
      As someone mentioned above, Muslims have asked for Sharia law to apply to them and it is not minority nutters either. They regularly point out when they are ofended by our culture and other things.

Barry: 2 kids is an excuse. Most of the rest of the world can cope with you and your family. Just go. If you realy think the uK is that bad then do not expose your children to it.

I have been an ex-pat for 5 years and am an economic migrant/commuter so I do feel I have some right to comment here.
      There is a lot wrong with the UK and it is not going to get better anytime soon. If you want out then just go but please leave the quietly.
      Some of us are working ot improve things, to make it a better place for all.
      All peoples will be tolerated, BUT some people will never be welcome.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Sandy: No one is having a go because you want to move to the middle east, they are having a go because you keep slagging off the UK but refuse to leave.
        Agreed.
        Clippy: All ex-pats tend to stick together in communities they know, it is a support group, but most of those communities try not to rock the boat and observe local custom. Yes I drink with a chinese bloke, but that is not about integration..
        Sorry TLG but have you ever seen brits abroad? I give it 6 months before there's a spearmint rhinos in sharm el sheikh

P.S. Loving the ness of this thread.

Comment

don't remember that I keep slagging the UK off, I think the whole thing started with BB last year when I said there is racism in the England - and you were very opposed to it, you deny there is any racism in the UK. Then you started putting words in my mouth.. yes I want to move to have a better quality of life and not spend my whole day at work and get home just to go to sleep and come back to work again, so what??

Play another record will you, am tiered of talking to you... of course you think the UK is best for you after travelling and living as an expact, I presume you suddenly were treated like the rest of us foreigners feel here. I think you are a tolerant person actually but please don't burry your head in the sand and think everyone around you in this country is just as tolerant as you.

Comment

When you leave the UK and move somewhere in the middle east, will you live amongst the locals and follow local customs, or live in an expat conclave?
            Last edited by tay; 30 October 2007, 09:24.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              When you leave the UK and move somewhere in the middle east, will you live amongst the locals and follow local customs, or live in an expat conclave?
              If I actually mange to get a contract overseas, I will make sure that I come back and let you know about the details of how I live, eat, sleep, and how many times I go to the toilet.

Comment

If I actually mange to get a contract overseas, I will make sure that I come back and let you know about the details of how I live, eat, sleep, and how many times I go to the toilet.
                I take that as expat conclave then.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                  Good question !

Comment

don't remember that I keep slagging the UK off, I think the whole thing started with BB last year when I said there is racism in the England - and you were very opposed to it, you deny there is any racism in the UK. Then you started putting words in my mouth.. yes I want to move to have a better quality of life and not spend my whole day at work and get home just to go to sleep and come back to work again, so what??

Play another record will you, am tiered of talking to you... of course you think the UK is best for you after travelling and living as an expact, I presume you suddenly were treated like the rest of us foreigners feel here. I think you are a tolerant person actually but please don't burry your head in the sand and think everyone around you in this country is just as tolerant as you.
                    Pull your Burka up Sandy, your chip is showing again.
                    Time after time you jump into an argument and start spouting tripe about how bad it is in England how we are racist and intolerant yet when someone questions you on your motives you come out with the above sort of rubbish. Play another record? Might as well do the La la la I'm not listening thing.
                    You didnt say racism exists you said the English were all racist and that racism was systemic. I think I said that certainly racism exists, but I pointed out that it was no worse than racism in the other direction. You said the English were intolerant and I asked you to show me a more tolerant society.
                    As yet you have failed to show me a less racist more tolerant society and told me to shut up because you cant find an answer.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      Pull your Burka up Sandy, your chip is showing again.
                      Time after time you jump into an argument and start spouting tripe about how bad it is in England how we are racist and intolerant yet when someone questions you on your motives you come out with the above sort of rubbish. Play another record? Might as well do the La la la I'm not listening thing.
                      You didnt say racism exists you said the English were all racist and that racism was systemic. I think I said that certainly racism exists, but I pointed out that it was no worse than racism in the other direction. You said the English were intolerant and I asked you to show me a more tolerant society.
                      As yet you have failed to show me a less racist more tolerant society and told me to shut up because you cant find an answer.
                      La la la .. am not listening

Comment

Working...
                      X