• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS/Halifax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    excuses.
    If the UK is as bad as you say then why are you willing to inflict it on your kids. Surely if you care about them you would not want them exposed to such a degenerate and dangerous society.
    You are absoloutely right - you convinced me, am out of here tonight

Now F.Off and go play with your Hesticles ...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      You are absoloutely right - you convinced me, am out of here tonight

Now F.Off and go play with your Hesticles ...
      I am just trying to understand your motivations.
      You have often said how nasty the UK is yet you choose to live and bring up your kids there. I want to understand why you would do that if the UK is such a bad place.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I am just trying to understand your motivations.
        You have often said how nasty the UK is yet you choose to live and bring up your kids there. I want to understand why you would do that if the UK is such a bad place.
        I suspect there will be no answer of substance forthcoming hence the insult in her previous post.

Comment

I love this "grass is greener somewhere else" line. And the irony is that the people who use it accuse Brits of whinging. Last time I heard, anyone is free to leave to go this supposed nirvana.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

did first day at new gig today, not posted since lunchtime - don't wanna get a rep already.

having 2 kids in 2 years kinda put the brakes on my moving abroad plan.. unfortunately (for me) i now have four people to consider, if it were just me i'd have been long gone.. i had my heart set on it, so the change of course took a bit of getting used to.

all the opinions here are valid, if (naturally) a little biased.. i see nothing here to change my original standpoint though, if anything i feel reinforced.

Comment

The odd thing is we have had many people on this forum saying they wanted to move to Australia / New Zealand/ France etc, I didn't see anyone here attacking them. But cuz we said we fancy living in the middle-east some how this is seen as a slap in the face of those 'tolerant' Brits.

Why can't some of you accept that not everyone is happy living in this country, in fact a couple of years ago most of the contractors here were going on and on about moving out of this hell hole (rip off Britain as you guys called it), many of you bought houses in France, some moved to Switzerland, Germany , Netherlands, or Denmark. Is it hard for you to accept that someone actually do feel happier when living in other countries?

Comment

Don't you just love racial stereotypes? What a load of tripe that is.
                Brits are possibly the most tolerant people in the world. We are not perfect by any means, but we are tolerant, our history has depended on it.
                As you note there is a difference in attitude to Muslims, though I think you will find there was a certain tension when the chinese and West Indians arrived previously. The major difference is that the Chinese and West Indians have only ever asked to be accepted and treated equaly. When there has been a cultural clash they have found a way to integrate it, or they have removed the problem. They have not insisted that the Brits should modify their ways, or even their laws to accomodate them as the Muslims have tended to do.
                These other communities have brought much to our culture and have enhanced it.
                The Muslims seem to want to bring a culture with them that will lead down a road to us adopting the culture that they themselves have run away from in the first place. If they like our society and our way of life then they are welcome to join us, but I will oppose them all the way when they want to bring Islam into my home land.

Oh forget it, I cant be arsed explaining this all over again.
                I do agree that we Brits are very tolerant and I think it is right to be proud of that.

However, I not sure what you are basing your statement of the Chinese and West Indians of asking to be treated equally on.

To take the Chinese as an example, they are no more or less integrated than the Muslim, Hindu, Sikh or any other immigrant population.

Being an immigrant, by it's very nature means you will automatically deviate towards your own culture and community for advice and support.

For exmple, I have never seen a group of Chinese lads out on the piss on a Friday night. Have you?

Also,I don't think Muslims have asked for special treatment any more than any other immigrant racial group.

It's just that it's the in thing to muslim bash at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, they really need to get their house in order, but I'm still surprised that a lot of the users on this board don't have the smarts to look past the headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

For exmple, I have never seen a group of Chinese lads out on the piss on a Friday night. Have you?
                  I have, but they tend to bring their sisters/wives out with them too. Bunch of complete piss-heads the ones I know.

Also,I don't think Muslims have asked for special treatment any more than any other immigrant racial group.

How about those muslims calling for the introduction of sharia law? Surely you've read some of those reports?

Here, have this one from 2006
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    I have, but they tend to bring their sisters/wives out with them too. Bunch of complete piss-heads the ones I know.

How about those muslims calling for the introduction of sharia law? Surely you've read some of those reports?

Here, have this one from 2006
                    This is the point I'm trying to make - these individuals do not represent the majority of mainstream muslims - they are a bunch of kooks.

Second, the muslim community is quite diverse and no one body, regardless of what they claim, actually represents all of them.

Comment

This is the point I'm trying to make - these individuals do not represent the majority of mainstream muslims - they are a bunch of kooks.

Second, the muslim community is quite diverse and no one body, regardless of what they claim, actually represents all of them.
                      Agreed.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X