• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS/Halifax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    chasingtheaurora: honey you don't need to go to Saudi to get bomb, just use the underground trains in London ... good luck
    Thanks Sandy. Also did KfC (Kuwait ****ing City) and Iraq whilst I was there albeit for a very short period of time.
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      LG: already said in my post I am not able to go in the next couple of years cuz my kids are in their last 2 years of school, bit difficult to uproot them at this stage, but promise when they move to uni will deffo look for a contract overseas
      So our education system is OK then? You are happy to avail yourself of that. Why didn't you leave before, was it OK in the UK when they started school? If so what has caused the decline (in your opinion)?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs View Post
        ! the middle east would be ideal, being beautiful, a nice climate and geographically convenient being smack between europe and asia - shorter flights to india / japan / east europe etc..
        Yes shame about the repressive culture for women, the barbarism towards common criminals, the corrupt elites, the general reactionary outlook etc etc.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Yes shame about the repressive culture for women, the barbarism towards common criminals, the corrupt elites, the general reactionary outlook etc etc.
          Are you talking about CUK or the Middle East there?

Comment

in general, the brits are as intolerant and racist as all the other west-europe superpowers (france, spain, germany, italy).. obviously, no-one here will admit to racial / cultural prejudice, sometimes not even realise they are guilty..

no-one should be surprised at outbursts of intolerance on this board, or by any brit in general.. only brits on holiday stick to their own resorts surrounded by more brits, expect the natives to understand english etc..

intolerant people don't like intolerant people.. there's bags of racial / cultural tension in this country between brits and muslims.. (generally) brits are intolerant, strict muslims are intolerant, hence the clash.. nobody batted an eyelid at immigration from the orient, there certainly weren't any riots (a la bradford or the highly likely future Leeds riot).. chinese / japanese people came in, built their own 'chinatowns', takeaways etc - didn't get half as much tulip.. at the end of the day, they learnt the language, integrated fairly quickly and posed no threat..
            Last edited by barry_abs; 29 October 2007, 12:58. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              i'll let the arabic women judge whether they feel repressed, or not.. barbarism towards criminals is something this country would adopt (again) given the chance, listening to some opinions.. corruption is inevitable in poor countries, at least evidentially.

anyway, non of that stuff bothers me - i just like to experience different things.. i'd love to get amongst it in the middle east, yeah i'd follow their rules.. only then would i feel equipped to judge them.. aesthetically, it's a beautiful, natural place.. britain, for all its industrial genius (fact), is now a pretty dull, miserable place to live.. can't take all the whinging.

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs View Post
                in general, the brits are as intolerant and racist as all the other west-europe superpowers (france, spain, germany, italy).. obviously, no-one here will admit to racial / cultural prejudice, sometimes not even realise they are guilty..

no-one should be surprised at outbursts of intolerance on this board, or by any brit in general.. only brits on holiday stick to their own resorts surrounded by more brits, expect the natives to understand english etc..

intolerant people don't like intolerant people.. there's bags of racial / cultural tension in this country between brits and muslims.. (generally) brits are intolerant, strict muslims are intolerant, hence the clash.. nobody batted an eyelid at immigration from the orient, there certainly weren't any riots (a la bradford or the highly likely future Leeds riot).. chinese / japanese people came in, built their own 'chinatowns', takeaways etc - didn't get half as much tulip.. at the end of the day, they learnt the language, integrated fairly quickly and posed no threat..
                Don't you just love racial stereotypes? What a load of tripe that is.
                Brits are possibly the most tolerant people in the world. We ar enot perfect by any means, but we are tolerant, our history has depended on it.
                As you note there is a difference in attitude to Muslims, though I think you will find there was a certain tension when the chinese and West Indians arrived previously. The major difference is that the Chinese and West Indians have only ever asked to be accepted and treated equaly. When there has been a cultural clash they have found a way to integrate it, or they have removed the problem. They have not insisted that the Brits should modify their ways, or even their laws to accomodate them as the Muslims have tended to do.
                These other communities have brought much to our culture and have enhanced it.
                The Muslims seem to want to bring a culture with them that will lead down a road to us adopting the culture that they themselves have run away from in the first place. If they like our society and our way of life then they are welcome to join us, but I will oppose them all the way when they want to bring Islam into my home land.

Oh forget it, I cant be arsed explaining this all over again.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

visited Petra myself, amazing, even when you see it on TV so many times when you actually get there, its breath taking...
                  Thought it was over hyped and very disappointing. I find LG question abouyt why Sandy is so happy with educating her children in the UK, but loves slagging it off quite interesting.

anyway, non of that stuff bothers me - i just like to experience different things.. i'd love to get amongst it in the middle east, yeah i'd follow their rules.. only then would i feel equipped to judge them.. aesthetically, it's a beautiful, natural place.. britain, for all its industrial genius (fact), is now a pretty dull, miserable place to live.. can't take all the whinging.
                  You have nothing to actually base that on, you ahve only experienced one half of the comparism. I found the middle east a huge yawn, Iran , Pakistan and Afganistan were more interesting, but only because I spent most of the time amazed at how ****ed up they were.

Comment

brits are intolerant, strict muslims are intolerant

Only strict Muslims are intolerant....? please provide evidence to back up any of these assertions.

I am not British and I find you assertion laughable.. and kinda sad

Comment

Brits are very tolerant. All this sackcloth and ashes stuff is laughable.

Comment

Working...
                      X