• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "Ask Beaker" thread.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaker View Post
    Leave the meeting. Why hang around?
    I think the clue was in the word 'stuck'
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      I think the clue was in the word 'stuck'
      I don't understand how you can be stuck in a meeting. You're an independent business director aren't you? You can come and go as you please
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

what's the etiquette for getting into a lift where someone has broke wind and departed

If you use the lift and it stops at other floors do you acknowledge the smell but say "it's not one of mine" ?

or pretend not to notice?

or should you get out and await the next lift?

Comment

what's the etiquette for getting into a lift where someone has broke wind and departed

If you use the lift and it stops at other floors do you acknowledge the smell but say "it's not one of mine" ?

or pretend not to notice?

or should you get out and await the next lift?
          Get out and await the next lift. Same goes for train carriages, and any other enclosed space.

Comment

Get out and await the next lift. Same goes for train carriages, and any other enclosed space.
            what happens if there is only one lift?

Comment

I don't understand how you can be stuck in a meeting. You're an independent business director aren't you? You can come and go as you please
              Mr Beaker, most contractors are bums on seats MOO b1tches

if you pardon my french
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

what happens if there is only one lift?
                Take the stairs

Comment

What are the Thirty Nine Steps?
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Beaker, who is Spartacus? Also, who is RandyW?
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

What really happened when Lucy met another poster on this site for a date?

Comment

Working...
                      X