• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The crash nobody heard about?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Well, the proportion between renting and buying is not a linear one. As the property is of much bigger value then the rent is proportionally lower. I was just surprised that you can rent a near 400k house for only 200pw. That would give you a studio flat in London whose value is less. However, I do understand that outside London rents are much cheaper so in this case it might be an appropriate market value. It all depends on location, location, location, you know.
    Fair enough. No further questions, your honour.

Comment

My house (in the middle of my street)

Well I think you're all a bit right.

Being a contractor I am of course a master dealsmith, but aside from that:

my landlord is a big, mainly commercial property investment company that's owned the block for at least 10 years, and has bigger fish to fry than to rent-review every tinpot 1-bedder every year, even if it is in SW1 (and none of your -V or -P neither)

tl

Comment

There's a whole website dedicated to the subject of crashing house prices, and one thread in particular that raises this point:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...howtopic=59283

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
          Fair enough. No further questions, your honour.
          You have to be authoritative with babies, you know? Now they look sweet and fluffy, after a few years they are ready to knock you down and take your car keys if you don't set them straight when they are still young.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
          X