• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreigners commit fifth of crime in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreigners commit fifth of crime in London

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ncrime123.xml
    More than one crime in five in London is now committed by a foreign national, raising fresh fears over the impact of immigration.
    Around a third of all sex offences and a half of all frauds in the capital are carried out by non-British citizens.

Poles, who have entered Britain in record numbers since they joined the European Union in 2004, committed 2,310 crimes in the first six months of this year to become the most prolific offenders.

Romanians, whose country became part of the EU in January, committed more than 1,000 offences — an eightfold rise on the same period in 2006, according to Metropolitan Police figures for solved crimes.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7007163.stm
    Some Polish workers in Britain are illegally claiming child benefit in both the UK and their home country, a BBC investigation has found.
    Officials in a number of Polish regions told Five Live Report up to half the applications they see are fraudulent.
    They added checks on claims were under strain because of the numbers involved.
    EU rules allow migrant workers to claim benefit for children who are in a different country, but they cannot do so in two countries at once.
    Two years ago in the Gdansk region of Poland, officials were asked to check just two applications for British child benefit. So far this year they have processed more than 1,500 claims.
    The BBC collated information from nine of Poland's 16 regions.
    Six of those regions also provided estimates of the number of double claimants - in each case saying these represented at least one third and up to one half of total claims.

Comment

...still who else would sweep the roads or staff the NHS

Comment

3 posts on a Sunday about this? Get a life you sad wonker.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

No usefull comment to make on the subject?

Comment

No I'm off on the Hovis Freewheel soon
            I'll leave you to stew in your own foul juices.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              No I'm off on the Hovis Freewheel soon
              I'll leave you to stew in your own foul juices.
              Wear something bright so I can find you and squash you with my mini sas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                Wear something bright so I can find you and squash you with my mini sas.
                You're in love with me really, aren't you?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  No usefull comment to make on the subject?
                  How many foreigners in London? I suspect at least 20%.

Now you are reminding me of Dilbert pointy haired boss in a strip where he claimed that 20% of days off were taken on Friday and this is clearly not acceptable.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

It'll be all those Frenchies coming through on cheap day trips through the tunnel. Or maybe foreign criminals don't know which policemen/judges etc. to bribe.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X