• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holier than thou Muslims ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    But you implied (you rotter) that I had. Anyway, as I said, watch out for those packages. Only thinking of your safety.
    No, I didn't imply that you had mentioned race, I implied that you had applied a racist stereotype to my colleague, who as I said is a nice guy. Now, it is arguable that it was a religious stereotype, and there is a debate to be had about the extent to which Islamaphobia is a form of racism, but to me it just looks like a continuation of a historic dislike of brown people. However, I am very very hungover and consequently:

a) Struggling with coherent reasoning (no change there)
    b) Grumpy

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      No, I didn't imply that you had mentioned race, I implied that you had applied a racist stereotype to my colleague, who as I said is a nice guy. Now, it is arguable that it was a religious stereotype, and there is a debate to be had about the extent to which Islamaphobia is a form of racism, but to me it just looks like a continuation of a historic dislike of brown people. However, I am very very hungover and consequently:

b) Grumpy
      Fair enough. I am sure he's lovely - but those packages...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        What the feck was she doing in the canteen?

?
        Having a chat. Our canteen is unfortunately also a meeting point.
        Anyway as I was forced to listen to her crap (no other seats available) I made a point of slurping and chewing on my pork chop.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

b) Grumpy
          No, disliking Islamism because of its (temporary?) lack of reason has nothing to do with the race of the person involved. It's quite clearly absurd and hypocritical for a Western born muslim to completely turn their back on the host culture. To then mouth on about it with a holier-than-thou attitude, in an annoying little girl voice really got my goat.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Anyway as I was forced to listen to her crap (no other seats available) I made a point of slurping and chewing on my pork chop.
            Never heard it called that before. You must be very flexible. Do you do gymnastics....?
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Yeah not many of us guys can reach our own pork chop for a quick chew.

Well done there, well done.

You could also have slapped your sausage about a bit under her table, and watched her squeal with joy.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                Yeah not many of us guys can reach our own pork chop for a quick chew.

Well done there, well done.

You could also have slapped your sausage about a bit under her table, and watched her squeal with joy.

It's a gristly, tough piece of meat, I can tell yer.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was chatting to my colleague about this yesterday. In midsummer, Muslims living in such places use the 'timetable' of a more Southerly latitude.
                  in other words bend the rules to suit them
                  if they were true muslim they will starve to death

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    in other words bend the rules to suit them
                    if they were true muslim they will starve to death
                    No - that's not the purpose of Ramadan. Lots of Muslims (young children, the ill, diabetic etc.) are not expected to follow the dawn to dusk fasting rule but to participate as well as they can. The same applies to Muslims living in the Arctic. So there.

Comment

The same applies to Muslims living in the Arctic. So there.
                      so does it say in Quran that muslims living in arctic are exmpt ?

Comment

Working...
                      X