• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you deal with complaints?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignore it. If you did nothing wrong he is probably just venting because you earn so much more than him and he has an ego problem. Console yourself with that fact and forget about it.

Comment

Yes sir, FOAD - sir!.

Hopefully he'll spend the next few hours trying to work it out.

Seriously though, knobs are an occupational hazard. Just maintain a dignified - if hurt - silence (I guess that makes him a brass knob?)
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        I have access to his personal drive... He really shouldn't pi55 off the sys admins.
        That'll be a few hundred meg of hot girl on girl on donkey action and a discreet email to his CO then.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          That'll be a few hundred meg of hot girl on girl on donkey action ...
          And don't forgot to copy me on that...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            I'd initiate a check for compliance of the relevant organisations info sec/usage policies then hang the bastard out to dry.
            Best suggestion of the lot. Play it by the book.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I’m on a MoD site and some jumped up general has made a complaint about the way I dealt with his problem, I haven’t a clue what he’s on about as I have never had anything but praise in the past?? Anyone who’s ever worked with military people will know they are either nice as pie or feckin pompous bullies who have no manners when dealing with us ‘civvies’ and assume they can treat us just like their subordinates.

If I was a permy I would put in a counter claim of bullying but as a contractor I can do sod all about it if I want to remain on site.

Should I ignore it as just one of those things or remember the name and place a turd on his desk when I leave?

Most likely this guy is well known at work for his moaning and constant complaints, ignore it or better still apologise for the unintended offence that you have cause him (turn the other cheek ), you have to act like the bigger person, you'll get more credit for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I don't get complaints - my underlings do.
                HTH
                good ol' slopey shoulders!

who would of thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  who would of thought?
                  Grammar!

"Who would have thought?"
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Do his wife, his sister, and his mum....and then post all the pics on-line......with a link here!!!
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X