• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You're all going to hate me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    I suggest we revisit this argument when and if you ever have children. having children is not the right thing for every person but for right or wrong, for good or bad it changes your outlook on life. I defy anyone who has had kids (not young siblings, not babysitting) to challenge my view on this.
    I have to agree with DA on this, my kids and my feelings towards them are different to anything else I've experienced on this planet.

You can't explain it on a message board you just know its that way, and you can't convince anybody else of that until they have been there themselves.

We could argue this one all day, but will never agree, lets put it to rest and talk about something else.
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
      We could argue this one all day, but will never agree, lets put it to rest and talk about something else.

Noooooooo .... am enjoying this fight .. go one please keep arguing

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
        Noooooooo .... am enjoying this fight .. go one please keep arguing

Oi Sandy, have you had the final operation yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Oi Sandy, have you had the final operation yet?

Hi Babe, missed me ?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
            Hi Babe, missed me ?
            Nope, wasn't even aiming at you.

Comment

Children, schmildren

I can confirm it's just like having a small person living in the same house as you.

Comment

Just wait till they hit their teens.

If you need a clue go watch reruns of Harry Enfields' "Kevin the Teenager". Scarily accurate.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  ...but I cant hold my tongue on this any more.

I think there's something very very very strange about this whole Madeline thing.

I'll be the first to admit that I dont have kids, so I dont know what the parents are feeling, but I just think the whole thing has stunk since the get go.

They put their other 2 kids in a creche every day? That whole "Hello" photo spread a couple of weeks ago? Jetting off to see the pope and leaving their other kids behind?

Surely if they've just lost one kid, they wouldn't want their other kids out of their sights for a second?! Why both go and see the pope? why put the kids in a creche every day, in the custody of strangers, when they're both in their apartment every day?
                  Could any of you lot who have kids pull those grins a fortnight after one of your own kids disappearred like we saw in those photos?

I've just found the whole thing very wierd since day 1.

I'm not accusing the parents of being involved, but it wouldn't shock me if that's what came out like.

I'm not being a troll here either, I genuinely mean this. Cant keep it in any longer having just watched them say bye to their twins to get on their jet and leave the country, like they were saying goodbye to pop to the shops.

Very wierd.
                  I suggest you have some sometime and see how your ivory tower feels then. Maybe you should invest in cotton wool in prep for that day in case the boogey man cometh.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim
                    What exactly doesn't add up? The snatcher saw that the parents are sitting in a restaurant, so he /she seized the moment.

In the last years there has been many cases of girls stolen from their own homes, one was having her nightly bath, the other was in bed, there was a case when the kids and parents were camping in their own garden all sleeping in the same tent, and someone kidnapped their little girl. What about Sarah Payne, what about the 3 year old who was snatched just as she crossed the road to get ice-cream from the ice-cream van? What about the little boy who was kidnapped in the shopping centre and beaten to death by some slightly older boys? The two girls killed by the ground keeper (forgot the name but his g/f was Maxine Carr)?

What is common between all these cases? Negligent parents? Naive parents? I personally thought some parents were naive to leave their kids walk around the streets/shopping centre without adult supervision, but what about the kids who were snatched from their own home? Mind you I didn't see anyone criticising any of those parents publicly... the McCanns were criticised heavily for eating in a restaurant within the same complex. Yes they made a mistake - what is their option now curl up in a ball and die - or face the music and do whatever possible to find their kid?

My point exactly...this happens more than people realise...

Think about it
                    Property advisor for the people

Comment

Originally posted by Damp Cave
                      I suggest you have some sometime and see how your ivory tower feels then. Maybe you should invest in cotton wool in prep for that day in case the boogey man cometh.
                      Judging by previous posts Sally Anne's kids will be sat in reading gay fairy tales, while she's out on a coke binge
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X