• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who the feck is paying for this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru
    The US has a large population of immigration from the sub-continent but no similar problems. This is because the immigrants allowed in were educated wealth creators in the first place.
    Here by contrast the need in the 50s and 60s for unskilled labour in factories led to large numbers of poorly educated rural people to arrive, particularly in the North. It is in these populations that the problem occurs.
    However once the decision has been made to allow this then we have to look after their British born children. It is likely that the problem will only last one generation anyway.
    In Muslim communities though, it may be considerably longer.
    Now that was the kind of reply I was looking for.

Lucid, clear and non-emotive.

Thanks.

However, there have been a number of generations born since the initial influx of immigrants who first came to work in the mills and factories.

Comment

It's a horrible story and just goes to show how far behind some 'cultures' are in their advancement

Comment

What a miserable feckin attitude in life to go through life with. Some kid, born in Britain, get's rescued from a forced marriage and rape overseas, and you're quibbling over the cost.

What a wonderful example of human compassion.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Now that was the kind of reply I was looking for.

Lucid, clear and non-emotive.

Thanks.
          Women - they spoil everything. Silly, emotional creatures.

You just keep chatting with SAS then - I'll go and have a word with myself about when it's ok for me to talk.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
            What a miserable feckin attitude in life to go through life with. Some kid, born in Britain, get's rescued from a forced marriage and rape overseas, and you're quibbling over the cost.

What a wonderful example of human compassion.
            "It's something that should not be happening in the modern world - it's not a respected cultural or religious tradition."

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              Women - they spoil everything. Silly, emotional creatures.

You just keep chatting with SAS then - I'll go and have a word with myself about when it's ok for me to talk.
              Don't be so moody!

Comment

Don't be so moody!
                I'm a ginger woman!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  I'm a ginger woman!
                  Yeah, sorry, I forgot that bit.

Comment

"It's something that should not be happening in the modern world - it's not a respected cultural or religious tradition."
                    And your point is what?
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
                      And your point is what?
                      Why are we paying our government to be the world's social workers?

Comment

Working...
                      X