• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who the feck is paying for this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who the feck is paying for this?

Stolen from BBC News Webtulipe

An 11-year-old girl has been rescued from a forced marriage, the Home Office has said.
    Minister Baroness Scotland said the girl, who was born in Britain, was taken to Bangladesh at the age of six to care for her disabled mother.

At 11, she was forced into marriage but her aunt in the UK reported the case to authorities who brought her back to Britain and put her in foster care.

It is one of 5,000 cases handled by the government's forced marriage unit.

Baroness Scotland told the BBC's Asian Network: "We've just rescued an 11-year-old who'd been forced into marriage, who'd been raped.

"Since she was six she'd been looking after her disabled mother and two siblings. And with the help of her aunt we were able to rescue her and bring her back."

The forced marriage unit was set up just over two years ago to help victims and survivors of forced marriage.

It deals with 250 cases a year and has rescued 300 people, many of them very young girls.

News of the rescue coincides with the launch of a new handbook, offering survivors help and information.

A survivors' network has also been launched in partnership with Karma Nirvana, a forced marriage NGO, to provide long-term emotional support.

Baroness Scotland said: "Forced marriage is terrible for those women, children and men who find themselves in an often violent and abusive situation against their will.

"It's something that should not be happening in the modern world - it's not a respected cultural or religious tradition.

"Neither does it have anything to do with honour - there can be no honour in a marriage based on force and hostility."
    Oh I fecking despair, I really do!

Why the hell are we the worlds fecking social worker?

your taxes !

and what's left over will go to brussels and be sent to CEE for reconstruction and development work

nice one, keep up the good work lads, these new motorways and railways are excellent

Milan.

Comment

Didn't they base a religion around this kind of thing?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

What a grumpy old b*stard you can be sometimes Churchy!!!

Come on man - it's a kid ffs! Can't you just be happy to have played a part in helping someone?

What about reading this story and thinking "jesus, I'm pleased I dont come from that world - we're all truly blessed in this country"? instead of getting your knickers in a twist about the 0.0000000001p that you've probably paid towards it.

The pope is a tard.

Comment

who is paying for it ?

All the people who pay income tax and council tax are paying for it. That includes people of all color ,religion etc

Comment

Ok, if you will for one moment think about my post.

I will ask the real question.

Why are we paying for this?

Comment

Supremo Mate,

<tb> look, it's like this </tb> just bloody well make sure you all keep paying and the European mainland will be better for it

thanks in advance

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill

Minister Baroness Scotland said the girl, who was born in Britain, was taken to Bangladesh at the age of six to care for her disabled mother.

Does that not answer it?

Edit: oops that font was a bit big - I'll reduce it
                Last edited by SallyAnne; 8 May 2007, 13:48.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill

Are you related to kyajae by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

Does that not answer it?
                    Erm, nope.

Why does this country have a whole department set up to handle forced marriages?

Does France, Denmark, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Russia, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, the USA, Mexico, China, Japan, Canada?

Comment

Working...
                    X