• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Myth 2 - Increasing earth temperature caused by solar activity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myth 2 - Increasing earth temperature caused by solar activity

This was the main plank of the "Swindle" program. However the graph they produced showing the correlation was actively falsified and modified to present their case.

See here:

http://fermiparadox.wordpress.com/2007/03/10/swindlers/
    http://www.realclimate.org/damon&laut_2004.pdf
    Last edited by sasguru; 14 March 2007, 11:50.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru
    This was the main plank of the "Swindle" program. However the graph they produced showing the correlation was actively falsified and modified to present their case.

See here:

http://fermiparadox.wordpress.com/2007/03/10/swindlers/
    http://www.realclimate.org/damon&laut_2004.pdf
    And the hockey stick graph is a perfectly acceptable? Conveniently chosen to ignore unexplained warm and cold periods before.
    I will read these articles though.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

And assuming the solar cause is true (which appears to convincing but no time to read that link) it does not mean that an extra 2'C on TOP OF the solar peaks will not be a significant problem.

Continually we get false logic on this issue:

X causes Z, therefore Y does not.

X is a more important factor, therefore additional effect of Y can be totally ignored
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

sasguru I looked at a sunpsot curve. This isn't part of a website arguiing about climate change, just a set of measurements of sunspots.

There has been increasing sunspot activity observed since the beginning of the century.

I suggest you look at the astronomers measurements and not rely on arguments justifying one way or another.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

You be surprised how many people believe the planet is closer to the sun during the summer months. Probably the same who have MP after their names.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
            You be surprised how many people believe the planet is closer to the sun during the summer months. Probably the same who have MP after their names.
            I recently came across two people who believed that when the moon is new there is less gravity around.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              I recently came across two people who believed that when the moon is new there is less gravity around.
              Even worse, my son's girlfriend was convinced that the cause of the recent lunar eclipse was that the sun had moved between us and the moon!!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                Even worse, my son's girlfriend was convinced that the cause of the recent lunar eclipse was that the sun had moved between us and the moon!!!!

Now that would have been some spectacular global warming.
                Boom boom boom boom
                A-haw haw haw haw
                Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy

He's obviously trying to keep to the same gene pool he was born into. Nice to see some people know their place.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sun spots
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X