• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sensible attitude to drug?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    When someone is caught up in a downward spiral they can't see sense anymore. They can't undersatnd why their life is a mess through the clouded thinking. Yes I helped someone, is that a bad thing?
    Its always good to help people, but the way you phrased it suggested a touch of the high moral ground god complex mate.

if you (need to) take drugs everytime you go out you have a problem!
    Oh bagpuss - thats the hypacritical thing man!! Cant you hear what you're saying?!!!!!

Unless you mean "every time you leave the house", in which case, yes I'd agree!
    But to you its fine to go out drinking? I.e. drink is fine for you, but touch drugs and you have a problem?

I'm suprised with your superior medical knowledge that you aren't willing to accept that alcohol is worse for you than some "drugs" - both long term and short term.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
      What about having a drink every time you go out?
      It's not quite the same is it Snaw. Depends if you have an alcohol addiction.
      Plus Booze is not an opiate. Do you think someone who needs drugs to go out does not have a problem?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        I'm suprised with your superior medical knowledge that you aren't willing to accept that alcohol is worse for you than some "drugs" - both long term and short term.
        Superior to somone who knows nothing yes. Of course alcohol cuases problems in some cases. Show me someone who takes class A drugs everytime they go out and I will show you someone who is fecked up (or soon will be).
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Superior to somone who knows nothing yes. Of course alcohol cuases problems in some cases. Show me someone who takes class A drugs everytime they go out and I will show you someone who is fecked up (or soon will be).
          Why do you keep harping on about people who take drugs when they're out? Do you mean "people who take drugs because alcohol isn't enough for them"?
          Or do you mean "people who take drugs in order to go outside"?

People tend to take coke (oops ha ha - wrote cock by mistake there ) so that they DONT have to have a load of drink.
          I.e. drink 10 vodkas OR drink a few diet cokes with a couple of lines of coke.
          Similar effect (i.e. high/happy/let your hair down).

Short term (one night only) coke is by far the better option! You wont be sick, you wont get into a fight, you wont act like a tw*t, you wont loose your mind or your sense, cheaper, bags more energy.

Long term - both have serious side effects, as does smoking, and eating pies.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Aren't pies altogether too readily available? We need John Reid to do a committee on pies, to consult with community representatives and the medical profession to determine what kind of controls to initiate, to stem the flow of pies that is taking over our inner cities etc etc
            God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

It's not quite the same is it Snaw. Depends if you have an alcohol addiction.
              Plus Booze is not an opiate. Do you think someone who needs drugs to go out does not have a problem?
              Actually it's very bloody similar. The difference is one is socially acceptable, one isn't. Both are equally bad for you in excess, both are perfectly fine in moderation.

I think someone who needs drugs to go out definitely has a problem. I also think someone who needs a drink every day has a problem. But in both cases (Actually not sure about alcohol) in my experience the vast majority of people who partake or partook get along quite happily in their lives, and generally don't 'need' the drugs they took, contrary to your 'expert' opinion, which seems to me like some sort of throwback to the don't do drugs, drugs are bad, line of arguement the government used in the 50's.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

im all for legalization and re-classification of all drugs but am not up for paying tax for people to get free heroin or pay for the mess people will make of themselves doing drugs (including smoking or drinking).

So how about - legalise all drugs, if you get a drug related illness due to being a drug taker then its not freely treated on the NHS, you make your bed you lie in it type of attitude?

Comment

my girlfriend grew up on that old 50's line of drugs will alter your mind if you take them. she met me and ive told her ive taken coke in the past and i explained to her its all media hype, she seems to think, one line and your brain fries and you turn into a wierdo forever. erm... its like getting drunk on alcohol but a different effect. people need to wake up to the fact that they are all just a brian stimulants like any other thing... even caffeine is a stimulant!! whos gonna ban coffee?

Comment

Why do you keep harping on about people who take drugs when they're out? Do you mean "people who take drugs because alcohol isn't enough for them"?
                    Or do you mean "people who take drugs in order to go outside"?

People tend to take coke (oops ha ha - wrote cock by mistake there ) so that they DONT have to have a load of drink.
                    I.e. drink 10 vodkas OR drink a few diet cokes with a couple of lines of coke.
                    Similar effect (i.e. high/happy/let your hair down).

Short term (one night only) coke is by far the better option! You wont be sick, you wont get into a fight, you wont act like a tw*t, you wont loose your mind or your sense, cheaper, bags more energy.

SA. I am not anti-drug or alcohol but what you say seems quite foreign to me. When I took cocaine in the past I certainly did act like a tw*t and if you are ever around coked-up ejjits than you will see that it is a hugely ego-driven drug (god they are boring!)

For me however, my main point of divergence is with the drink - I would use coke to enable me to drink industrial quantities of booze without falling over or getting nicked.

I actually knocked the booze n' drugs on the head completely some eight years ago for some very sound reasons (it was killing me.) Since then, I have had occassion to bump into some of my old chums who continued to indulge in the powders and for the most part they are very flaky neurotic people who ain't getting much recreation out of their pharmaceuticals.

And as for rock cocaine......

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport
                      im all for legalization and re-classification of all drugs but am not up for paying tax for people to get free heroin or pay for the mess people will make of themselves doing drugs (including smoking or drinking).

So how about - legalise all drugs, if you get a drug related illness due to being a drug taker then its not freely treated on the NHS, you make your bed you lie in it type of attitude?
                      Free heroin on the NHS for addicts would be much cheaper than what we are paying in police and crime costs.
                      Duty on ciggies and booze more than pays for the NHS. If you realy believe your argument then you should be paying private or at least be behind smokers and drinkers in the queue.
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X