• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sensible attitude to drug?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    I would legalise all drugs and watch crime fall by at least 50%. Most burglary/car theft/petty crime/muggings is for drugs. If they were leagl the cost would be no more than 50% more than cost which in most cases is sweet FA anyway. If someone wants to kill themselves because they have no self control, why should we worry?

Would you ban food so fat barswerards don't eat themselves to death?
    I dont think we need to legalise all drugs for this to happen - we just need to make heroin/crack available on the NHS.
    The highly addictive (life fecking) drugs are the ones that people steel/burgle etc for.

The others should be made legal too, but for very different reasons.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      I dont think we need to legalise all drugs for this to happen - we just need to make heroin/crack available on the NHS.
      The highly addictive (life fecking) drugs are the ones that people steel/burgle etc for.

I reckon cocaine, speed, ecstacy, acid and magic mushrooms should be made legal.

I've heard they can be quite fun apparently.
      Call the cops

Comment

Cocaine can be life threatening too, why make them available on the NHS? Why should we pay for morons? If some idiot wants to kill themselves then let them.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
          I reckon cocaine, speed, ecstacy, acid and magic mushrooms should be made legal.

I've heard they can be quite fun apparently.
          Acid never leaves the brain and can cause epilepsy

Speed can cause heart problems

Ecstacy - long term usage causes depression

Cocaine - ditto.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Acid never leaves the brain and can cause epilepsy

Speed can cause heart problems

Ecstacy - long term usage causes depression

Cocaine - ditto.
            Alcohol ...

Cigarettes ...

Let's get the playing field level first before we start throwing stones.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

why make them available on the NHS? Why should we pay for morons? If some idiot wants to kill themselves then let them.
              But we as a society are already paying a high cost in terms of crime, education and rehab, surely it would be cheaper in the long run to get some control on what is already out there and freely available.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
                Alcohol ...

Cigarettes ...

Let's get the playing field level first before we start throwing stones.
                Of course, but we know what they do, many people are oblivious to how illegal drugs work. For every long term user of 'recreational' drugs I will show you a person who has had severe depression and most probably is now on antidepressants. It's a bit like inducing diabetes,the brain can no longer regulate it's serotonin levels (like a diabetic can't control blood sugar levels), and therefore a control medication is required (usual antidepressant).

Comment

Cocaine can be life threatening too, why make them available on the NHS? Why should we pay for morons? If some idiot wants to kill themselves then let them.
                  We already pay for those "morons" - if they seek help we pay for their heroin substitue drugs (i.e. methadone, etc), plus drugs councillors, ongoing treatment. Costs us a fortune!
                  If they dont seek help, we pay cause they rob our houses and nick our cars.
                  Plus - its the decent thing to do
                  Also, heroin used to be available on the NHS and we had far fewer drug users (not as cool, no pushers on the streets, how would a drug habit get started in a young kid? They wouldn't think "ooh I'm going to go to the doctors and get my some of that heroin tonight". It would phase it out over time.)

As for the other drugs....oh I dont know. I'm torn really.

i reckon cocaine and speed should be sold in the supermarket to be honest. They dont mess with the mind, and are probably about as bad for your heart as red bull.

Anything that can feck your mind up (acid, E, certain types of weed)....adults should be able to take them if they want to, but I wouldn't want kids to be able to just pick them up.
                  maybe over the counter pharmacy with ID shown or something. but if you make it too strict, kids will still get hold of them at school through pushers again, making it cool.
                  torn, torn, torn.
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                    But we as a society are already paying a high cost in terms of crime, education and rehab, surely it would be cheaper in the long run to get some control on what is already out there and freely available.
                    We are paying the price because drugs aren't cheap. with 1000's of percent mark ups of course there will be crime. If a hit of crack, cost 50p, do you think the addict would need to steal. He wouldn't be able to buy more than a few quids worth without od'ing

Comment

i reckon cocaine and speed should be sold in the supermarket to be honest. They dont mess with the mind, and are probably about as bad for your heart as red bull.
                      Wrong. They **** up your neuron transmitters.

Comment

Working...
                      X