• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sensible attitude to drug?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so we have established that illegal or legal, your not going to stop people excercising their free will, if they want to take drugs let them.

Keep it illegal and the drug industry is run by criminals, where does that money go??? crime, terrorism, etc...

Legalise it and there criminals will be out of the loop? as it will be run by the goverment....hmm...goverment

Comment

Grew up in Singapore where drugs = death!

Evening having it in your blood stream means jail terms.

Did stop the majority of users …. Eventually.

The only issue with legalising it that I can see is that there will be a need for more money spent on the ‘adverse’ effects that some/all drugs have. Money will come from sales but there will be a bloody great public out cry.

Plus how many deaths related to the legislation? Any Gvt that allows this will have it bite them in the ar*e with the initial fall out of people overdoing it because it is legal. Imagine lowering the drinking age to 16. How many kids would get themselves into a state and getting themselves killed?
      "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

You all seem to equate legalising with making freely available. It doesnt have to be like that.

I am not suggesting being able to buy a pint and a wrap or a packet of fags and a couple of rocks (though for some drugs that might be OK), I am suggesting making drugs available from official sources. I would put restrictions in place on who can get them. Shooting galaries where users can go to aquire and use drugs.

Due to the illegal nature of drugs it is not possible to supply addicts in an official way. Addicts are driven into the hands of criminals and we all see the consequences.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

A sensible attitude to drugs:-

Shoot the addicts.

Wipe them off the face of the planet.

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            A sensible attitude to drugs:-

Shoot the addicts.

Wipe them off the face of the planet.

Problem solved.
            Yay - and doubtless you'd pull the trigger yourself in best "some day a real rain will come...." stylee. Maybe get a wee doggy stiffy as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
              Yay - and doubtless you'd pull the trigger yourself in best "some day a real rain will come...." stylee. Maybe get a wee doggy stiffy as well?
              I was hoping we'd get through today without mentioning animal erections, but alas...
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
              X