• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trans is a foreign language

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans is a foreign language

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-question.html

UK's trans population may be smaller than first thought as Census figure axed over confusing question

The watchdog said that, by wording the question this way rather than the simpler ‘Are you transgender?’, the survey had confused those whose first language is not English.

It found people with a foreign first language were four times more likely to say they were ‘trans’ than those who have English as their main language. Areas with big, religiously conservative migrant populations, such as Brent and Newham in London, were found to have higher numbers of trans people than Brighton.
    ask the wrong question get the wrong answer.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rusmap1.gif
Views:	94
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	4296244
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      It found people with a foreign first language were four times more likely to say they were ‘trans’ than those who have English as their main language.
      Areas with big, religiously conservative migrant populations, such as Brent and Newham in London, were found to have higher numbers of trans people than Brighton.
      Isn't that because it's the basis of their asylum claim so they have to keep the pretence up on anything they fill in just in case?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I remember back in the day on Saturday mornings I used to watch Trans World Sports.

I think it will make a come back however in a vastly different context.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
        X