• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Thought it would never happen again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! Thought it would never happen again

New 6 month contract, 15-20% less than my typical rate and inside for first time ever in 11 years.

Needs must though.

Thought it might never happen again after seeing so many friends struggling to find a new role over the last 6-9 months. Several in their early-mid 50s like me have recently decided to semi-retire.

Bit different to my normal role, it will be quite finance orientated but looks like an interesting gig, so fingers crossed.

Have a:
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Nice one.

Comment

Its been an odd period, was just chatting this morning to a friend who like me spent 6 month plus out. We are now both on reduced rates and are poorly paid permies (well 95+ percentile) again.

Congrats its a buyers market out there.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Its been an odd period, was just chatting this morning to a friend who like me spent 6 month plus out. We are now both on reduced rates and are poorly paid permies (well 95+ percentile) again.

Congrats its a buyers market out there.
              It most certainly is a buyer's market and looks like it will be for a good while yet.

I had a large war chest when I finished my previous contract nine months ago and it has been severely depleted.

I'm praying that if I don't get an extension at xmas I won't end up repeating the same situation being on the bench for the first half of the calendar year.

Comment

Have some more !

Always nice to hear some good news here for a change. Though of course I wish it was coming from me!

Comment

Working...
                X