• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mouse jigglers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Ha! No. I avoid any job with 'manager' in the title
    I try to avoid People with 'manager' in their title.
    not always successfully, unfortunately (usually for them, not me)

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
      It doesn't say much about a job if the only way of telling if someone's on the job is by monitoring their keyboard/mouse activity.
      Prior to wfh/covid that was pretty much every job, we were expected to be at our desks typing away either really working or pretending to work.
      If you got all your work done by midday you couldn't take the rest of the day off. Now we can

Back in the office days you might have stretched the work to fill the whole day.
      Last edited by Fraidycat; 15 June 2024, 12:08.

Comment

Ah, the trials of a data entry clerk.
        my heart bleeds, - honest!

Comment

My employer in their job adverts specifies "trust based working".

I'm not on the front line. If my boss contacts me during the day, it's fine for me to say "I'm at the gym, I'll get back to you in a couple of hours". On the other hand, I did work from 6am-8am yesterday. I'd had an idea during the night you see...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
            My wife used to work as a data analyst - not a high level job and way below her capability, but it was income. She usually had finished her work by midday. Fortunately, one of the engineers spotted that she was a good worker, and made sure that she was promoted.

She married me, dear reader...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
              When I did data entry it was only part of the role as the company didn't want to be sued for RSI.

I later then did a role where a different company were dealing with claims from their typing pool. They had to go around telling younger staff to take breaks from using the computer.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X