• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For a fairer Greener Country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a fairer Greener Country

Our country is facing crises around the cost of living, in our public services and in our climate and environment.

Vote Green!

​​​​​​
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

No chance, given that they appear to be more interested in f'ing things up than getting things right, lots of lemming policies Mind you Liebour and most other parties are into f'ing things up

Comment

• We will insulate Britain and fund it through taxing the 1% and biggest polluters.
      • We will ban rent rises and no fault evictions
      • All primary kids will get free school meals
      • We want 35 hours of free childcare from 9 months
      • £1 bus fares to take you anywhere and we will pay for it by getting rid of the £27 billion road building fund
      • We will put water back in public hands to stop the tulip in our waterways
      • We will build loads of houses.

Comment

My missus would do for me if I voted for them, with their zealous pro-Trans ideology.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
          No chance, given that they appear to be more interested in f'ing things up than getting things right, lots of lemming policies Mind you Liebour and most other parties are into f'ing things up
          It's only fair that if there is a thread on Reform then there are threads on other parties with "interesting" policies.

I suspect that someone will start a Monster Raving Looney Party thread but their policies seem sensible in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            • We will insulate Britain and fund it through taxing the 1% and biggest polluters.
            • We will ban rent rises and no fault evictions
            • All primary kids will get free school meals
            • We want 35 hours of free childcare from 9 months
            • £1 bus fares to take you anywhere and we will pay for it by getting rid of the £27 billion road building fund
            • We will put water back in public hands to stop the tulip in our waterways
            • We will build loads of houses.
            What will the buses be driven on if the road fund is scrapped? I presume some of that is earmarked for repairs and not just new roads?

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
              My missus would do for me if I voted for them, with their zealous pro-Trans ideology.
              Apparently Baddenoch was doing the rounds but actually showed she didn't understand her brief as you can change sex on your birth certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

What will the buses be driven on if the road fund is scrapped? I presume some of that is earmarked for repairs and not just new roads?
                Sorry it's the national road building schemes that are cancelled. Local.ones are OK.

Not seen their policy on rail or what you do when there are no railway stations between two places.

Edited to say - don't railways use steel? How do we make '"Green" steel?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Sorry it's the national road building schemes that are cancelled. Local.ones are OK.
                  So how am I to drive to the southern ports to pick up the latest polluting cruises or do us common people have to accept a future of hair shirts and mud huts whilst our new Chinese masters take over and their Russian lackeys get on with abusing and getting rid of us newly slave peoples?

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                    So how am I to drive to the southern ports to pick up the latest polluting cruises or do us common people have to accept a future of hair shirts and mud huts whilst our new Chinese masters take over and their Russian lackeys get on with abusing and getting rid of us newly slave peoples?

You have to go by bus which will cost £1 and will have new timetables to meet customers needs, or rail.

Comment

Working...
                    X