• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NAT I thought you had left UNI?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAT I thought you had left UNI?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-students.html

Buying a round in the pub is branded potentially 'triggering' for students at top university
    • Students were given helpline numbers in case the lecture was too distressing
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

You are showing your age.

Buying rounds hasn't been a "thing" for younger people for more than a decade.

​​This is because loads of them don't drink alcohol and those who do drink stuff we would have drunk at 14.

​​​
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Mmm....WKD blue

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Mmm....WKD blue

Comment

Not quite sure why I'm in the topic title...

I'm always happy to buy a round. As filthy rich contractor among poor sad permies, I'd always buy the first round. Now, as a filthy rich Swiss, I'll gladly do the same when visiting poor countries like the UK. Actually- how much is a standard pint nowadays?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Not quite sure why I'm in the topic title...

I'm always happy to buy a round. As filthy rich contractor among poor sad permies, I'd always buy the first round. Now, as a filthy rich Swiss, I'll gladly do the same when visiting poor countries like the UK. Actually- how much is a standard pint nowadays?
            £5
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

£5
              I remember when it was 90p.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I remember when it was 90p.
                I can remember when it was about £1 as that was when I started drinking at 16. But I struggle to remember when it was as 'low' as £5 where I tend to drink in London and in and around the M25 area.

Comment

I can remember when it was 17p for a pint of Guiness. .

It's the other side of time.

Adjusting for inflation that should be £1.76.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 March 2024, 21:28.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

I can remember when it was about £1 as that was when I started drinking at 16. But I struggle to remember when it was as 'low' as £5 where I tend to drink in London and in and around the M25 area.
                    Their fake ID needs to be much better than what I used to use at 16 to get away with drinking.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X