• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry Miss Beggum / Mrs Riedijk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Miss Beggum / Mrs Riedijk

She lost her appeal. Which does seem a little foolish, we should bring her back and lock her up in my opinion. Sort of our responsibility.

Sadly the Dutch & Bangladeshis don't want her either.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68378818

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oh help!

I agree with you.

Problem is she was a child when she left.

So unless her TV interview could be used against her, any UK conviction would be based on her being 15 so the sentence would not be long enough.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Oh help!

I agree with you.

Problem is she was a child when she left.

So unless her TV interview could be used against her, any UK conviction would be based on her being 15 so the sentence would not be long enough.
      Well we need to start realising many people actively hate western life and wish to force us all to convert. How we fix that is a big challenge.

The Jamie Bulger killers were 10.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        many people actively hate western life and wish to force us all to convert
        Citation please (other than anecdote or Wail shock stories)?

I assume you're referring to Muslims when you say "many people"? I live in a town with a very significant Muslim population, I know a lot of Muslims and I've never seen or heard anyone say - either in person or on the local social media groups - that they hate western life or that they wish to convert anyone else. In fact most people seem quite happy with living in the UK (many/most were born here anyway) other than the usual gripes we all have, they may not entirely embrace the more relaxed "western" morals but they also don't criticise or try to change anyone. I accept the irony of that being anecdotal but it's entirely true.

Of course there'll always be aggressive or militant proponents of any cause or faith, who'll hit the headlines because decent, kind, well-meaning and friendly people aren't quite as newsworthy. It doesn't mean everyone else of that persuasion is like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

Citation please (other than anecdote or Wail shock stories)?

I assume you're referring to Muslims when you say "many people"? I live in a town with a very significant Muslim population, I know a lot of Muslims and I've never seen or heard anyone say - either in person or on the local social media groups - that they hate western life or that they wish to convert anyone else. In fact most people seem quite happy with living in the UK (many/most were born here anyway) other than the usual gripes we all have, they may not entirely embrace the more relaxed "western" morals but they also don't criticise or try to change anyone. I accept the irony of that being anecdotal but it's entirely true.

Of course there'll always be aggressive or militant proponents of any cause or faith, who'll hit the headlines because decent, kind, well-meaning and friendly people aren't quite as newsworthy. It doesn't mean everyone else of that persuasion is like them.
          Many groups hate western values. Imagine have sensible ideas about equality. If YOU think that is mainly Muslims that is YOUR OPINION.

Nah not the wail, its that well known right wing organisation the British government.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ssible-version

Where there is discord you don't always find peace.

Shockingly though the majority of proscribed organisations are Islamic. This does seem to repeat across many democracies YMMV.

I am not suggesting all Muslims are chopping heads off and leaving them in buckets Taliban stylee. Plenty are great people but we have to face reality we are not loved internationally.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Many groups hate western values. Imagine have sensible ideas about equality. If YOU think that is mainly Muslims that is YOUR OPINION.

Nah not the wail, its that well known right wing organisation the British government.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ssible-version

Where there is discord you don't always find peace.

Shockingly though the majority of proscribed organisations are Islamic. This does seem to repeat across many democracies YMMV.

I am not suggesting all Muslims are chopping heads off and leaving them in buckets Taliban stylee. Plenty are great people but we have to face reality we are not loved internationally.

With what has come out of the mouths of Liz Truss (lettuce out lived her premiership) and Lee "30p" Anderson this week you are right there are some prominent right wing groups who hate Western ideas.

​​​​​

​​​​​

Comment

Seems 30p Lee over stepped more than Lettuce Truss.

https://news.sky.com/story/lee-ander...ments-13079924

Comment

Apparently Rees-Mogg agrees with us.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Apparently Rees-Mogg agrees with us.

Dippy Lee is hard to like.

Comment

Lee Anderthal as he's know in Private Eye
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X