• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MF is so fecked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MF is so fecked

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-weight.html

An airline has announced it will begin weighing passengers with their carry-on luggage in order to better estimate the plane's weight before take-off.

The controversial move comes from Finnish carrier Finnair, who told media they began 'measuring' passengers departing from Helsinki on Monday.

'So far, more than 500 volunteer customers have participated in the weigh-ins,' spokeswoman Kaisa Tikkanen said.
    Though to be fair a 22kg allowance is not exactly going to cut it for me.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Some of the comments in the article are hilarious. I know they've probably been picked as the most outraged but still funny.

Can't wait for the comments section to light up.

Personally I think it's an exercise to gather data so they can work on a strategy to charge people by weight. Remove the baggage allowance off everyone's numbers and they'll have enough to work with. Them sneaky Fins.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've flown on flights where they weigh us with our baggage, but that's normal for light aircraft in Africa.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I've flown on flights where they weigh us with our baggage, but that's normal for light aircraft in Africa.
        Were you not utterly outraged that you'd been fat shamed and it ruined your life to the point you now can't step foot out of your house without having an anxiety attack?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've been on three small airlines in New Zealand, Costa Rica and Peru where passengers were weighed for internal flights. One female travelling companion on the NZ flight (a very pretty and fairly slim young lady) was mortified to have to stand on the scales where other passengers could see her weight. God knows what it might feel like for some people who are very overweight.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Pretty normal in most places in my experience, smaller the aircraft more important as to effect on CofG. Four of us went bear spotting in Alaska, but only three could get in the Cessna as the other was a MF type and no matter where he sat the CofG calcs wouldn't come in to keep the plane in the envelope.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
            X