• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heathrow Drop Off Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heathrow Drop Off Charge

Flying out of Heathrow soon and staying the night before at the Hilton Garden Inn. It looks like I can drop off the missus with luggage on Cessna Road but can't find a map anywhere which tells me if doing that gets me clocked for a drop off charge, anyone know?

Don't they run a freebie shuttle bus from the hotels?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Don't they run a freebie shuttle bus from the hotels?
      No, the Hotel Hoppa costs a small fortune

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        Flying out of Heathrow soon and staying the night before at the Hilton Garden Inn. It looks like I can drop off the missus with luggage on Cessna Road but can't find a map anywhere which tells me if doing that gets me clocked for a drop off charge, anyone know?
        According to the Heathrow website, it's just the terminal forecourts that attract the charge.

I presume the HGI you're staying at is not the one in T2 that you'll be driving past.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

No, the Hotel Hoppa costs a small fortune
          £12?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

the local buses used to be free. go to the nearest standard bus stop and get the standard bus, that will get you to the terminals and the central bus station FOC if the policy still operates.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

The busses are no longer free. A whopping £1.75 now. You can get the tube between Hatton Cross and the terminals for free though.

Just out of interest, if you're both travelling/staying at the hotel but you're driving to drop off the Mrs with cases, what is then happening to the car? Surely whatever parking arrangements you've made will have a transfer to the terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

£12?
                Per person, compared to the £5 drop off charge.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  The busses are no longer free. A whopping £1.75 now. You can get the tube between Hatton Cross and the terminals for free though.

Just out of interest, if you're both travelling/staying at the hotel but you're driving to drop off the Mrs with cases, what is then happening to the car? Surely whatever parking arrangements you've made will have a transfer to the terminal?
                  Staying at the T2 Hilton effectively on site. Car is being parked in T5 long term as that's where we come back to so a bit of pitta as I'll need to walk over to T2/3 business parking to get a lift to T2. Dropping her off with the bags at the Cessna Road entrance is simply a convenience so both of us aren't pulling bags around getting back from T5 parking

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

Staying at the T2 Hilton effectively on site. Car is being parked in T5 long term as that's where we come back to so a bit of pitta as I'll need to walk over to T2/3 business parking to get a lift to T2. Dropping her off with the bags at the Cessna Road entrance is simply a convenience so both of us aren't pulling bags around getting back from T5 parking
                    Or...

Get the free transfer from T5 parking to T5 and then take HEX / Lizzy Line from T5 to T2/3 with your cases? It's all step free.

Comment

Working...
                    X