• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heathrow T5 security being pleasant.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

Always found Manchester security reasonably pleasant.
    I used to use LGW - MAN (2005-2010) like most people use the London Underground.
    Are you having a giraffe??

The one (and only) time I've passed through MAN, it was a complete zoo. The security staff were rude, they were shouting at people accusing them of having banned items in their hand luggage as pretty much everything was going to secondary search. It took an age to get through. My stuff was pulled for a check and despite them tipping the entire contents out and rifling though every pocket, they found NOTHING and still had the audacity to say being selected for secondary was my fault. Reading experiences of people who regularly use MAN, this is BAU.

This was when returning from a CUK Christmas Do, so maybe there was reasonable suspicion...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The one (and only) time I've passed through MAN, it was a complete zoo. The security staff were rude, they were shouting at people accusing them of having banned items in their hand luggage as pretty much everything was going to secondary search. It took an age to get through. My stuff was pulled for a check and despite them tipping the entire contents out and rifling though every pocket, they found NOTHING and still had the audacity to say being selected for secondary was my fault. Reading experiences of people who regularly use MAN, this is BAU.

This was when returning from a CUK Christmas Do, so maybe there was reasonable suspicion...
      he was probably using T3 which is mostly domestic and business travel. I've only used T3 a couple of times and it was like a different aiport.
      T1 is just awful with knuckle draggers at security.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Had similar at Gatwick, security were targeting white males and females only. Whilst having a full check it was so predictable who would be let through and who would be checked.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
        X