• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death by chocolate...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death by chocolate...

Sticky end attempted...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/former-big...131715086.html

A former Channel 4 Big Breakfast fitness guru has claimed he was arrested for intentionally giving chocolate to a colleague who is allergic.
    Jody Bunting said he was handcuffed and "paraded around" Luton Airport after returning home from a holiday in Morocco.

It was over an incident at the Mickleover Court Hotel Leisure Club in Derby on October 29 last year, he explained.

The 45-year-old had been working as a group exercise instructor at the club since 2017.

He said a staff member had to be taken to an intensive care unit after the allergic reaction, but Mr Bunting vehemently denied trying to harm them.

Mr Bunting told DerbyshireLive: "I was in shock, being arrested in front of a friend and then being paraded around Luton Airport in cuffs, however, the members at the gym had warned me it may happen.

"I was shocked my local South Derbyshire police officers had come all the way down to London for this issue.

"The custody sergeant did ask if I could still do my high kicks as he'd Googled me and realised who I was."

The fitness enthusiast said he was bailed after his arrest, with conditions which included not visiting the leisure club.

Mr Bunting is "working a lot less", he added, relying on online fitness classes weight-loss coaching.

Derbyshire Police would not confirm Mr Bunting's identity but a spokesperson told the Standard: "A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and wounding with intent on 2 November.

"He has been bailed as investigations continue. The arrest relates to an incident at the Mickleover Court Hotel in Derby between October 22 and 29, 2023."
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Just when I think I've heard of all possible allergies, along comes a new one.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
      Just when I think I've heard of all possible allergies, along comes a new one.
      Dairy and egg are sadly quite common, have a look at the ingredients on many foods you will see the allergens in bold.

https://www.bsaci.org/professional-r...20adult%20life.

Anyone who is allergic from birth and who has managed to get to 18 will almost certainly be painfully aware. Blue light trips to hospital are quite memorable events a parent with a 4 year old tells me,

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Oh, wait, which bunch of ploddom does this involve?

Ah.

The plod who were so utterly enthusiastic about following hikers with drones during lockdown, that's who.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Oh, wait, which bunch of ploddom does this involve?

Ah.

The plod who were so utterly enthusiastic about following hikers with drones during lockdown, that's who.

Well it is more interesting than catching a burglar.

The only issue that it has probably given more people ideas of how to unalive someone.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X