• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We speak English because

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    At the risk of getting banned again for posting an ancient videos.

This a hilarious old pop video of Adriano Celentano recreating what non-English speakers hear when they hear english (or atleast 60s era english pop songs)
    Lucky for you you can't get banned for misusing the word hilarious.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh I forgot about this guy.

There is apparently hope for us all if we put in some effort

BBC News - YouTuber Xiaomanyc from New York stuns speaking Welsh https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-6755889

A New Yorker who has learned dozens of languages left Cardiff locals stunned after speaking to them in Welsh.

Arieh Smith, 33, known as Xiaomanyc online, spent three weeks studying Welsh before flying across the Atlantic to chat with native speakers.

He has amassed more than a billion views on YouTube documenting himself speaking languages across the globe.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
        But more importantly!

When did Nes-uls become Nes-lay

I remember that annoying little blond speccy git in my childhood and he sang:

"Nes-uls Milky-Bar"...
        Then sometime 90's? 00's they started with this Nes-lay b0llix!!

What is the world coming to? It all went downhill form then!!! Blah Blah Gammon Gammon Boomer Boomer
        Probably the same twat who encourages the pronunciation of "Sarkozy" with a faux "French Accent"!

Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Oh I forgot about this guy.

There is apparently hope for us all if we put in some effort

BBC News - YouTuber Xiaomanyc from New York stuns speaking Welsh https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-6755889

A New Yorker who has learned dozens of languages left Cardiff locals stunned after speaking to them in Welsh.

Arieh Smith, 33, known as Xiaomanyc online, spent three weeks studying Welsh before flying across the Atlantic to chat with native speakers.

He has amassed more than a billion views on YouTube documenting himself speaking languages across the globe.

I’ll bet he didn’t use Duolingo, I’ve been trying to learn Scots Gaelic with it and I’m not really getting anywhere. It’s bloody hard
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X