• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nottingham sells a different type of...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nottingham sells a different type of...

chocolate!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-67547859

A woman has been arrested after chocolate sold on a market stall made people ill.

Police launched an investigation following reports people fell unwell after eating unlabelled chocolate bought at Mansfield Market in Nottinghamshire on Saturday.

They included a 10-year-old boy who was taken to hospital.

The Food Standards Agency (FSA) said the arrest was linked to the sale of a chocolate product called "Cali-Gold".

It added it was working with relevant authorities to find out whether there had been wider distribution of the product.

Nottinghamshire Police said the 63-year-old woman was detained on suspicion of administering a noxious substance.

One family said their 10-year-old son was taken to hospital after having a "terrifying" reaction to the chocolate.

Ian told the BBC he had purchased 10 bars of what was being sold as "mystery" chocolate, which came in gold wrapping without any writing on.

That evening his wife Kim gave the confectionery to Amelia-Ann, 13, Jacob, 12, Issacc, 10, and Emilie-Natasha, eight, as a treat but said they soon began feeling sick, hallucinating and acting "spaced out".

"My youngest daughter only had a little bit and just generally felt sick but didn't seem too bad," she said.

"Issacc, he was delirious, he was confused, he kept staring at his hands and he was stroking my walls. He kept seeing a dark figure, hallucinating."

She said Amelia-Ann became "very giddy and confused" and was crying, talking in a nonsensical way and felt sick and dizzy, while Jacob was acting "spaced".

When Issacc, who has ADHD and autism, began to worsen Kim called an ambulance and he was taken to hospital.

"It sounded like he was choking, a gargling kind of noise," she said.

"He couldn't speak to us, his tongue was sticking out of his mouth, he went all floppy, he just wasn't with it."

Kim said she suspected the chocolate straight away.

"It was the only thing that they all had and it all happened in a similar time, one after the other," she said.

Kim's brother Kylyn, 30, said he and his 11-year-old daughter also fell ill after eating the chocolate on their way home from Mansfield Market.

"When it first kicked in for me, I felt like I was rushing, I genuinely felt like I'd had a party drug," he said.

"I had to go into my bedroom and my toes were curling, my jaw was grinding.

"It then started going into a doped out feeling and I started being sick."

The next day his daughter was violently sick and "crying in pain with her belly" so he called for an ambulance and she was taken to hospital.

The family has reported the incident to police and Trading Standards.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Oh Dear,

Where did they get this Cali-Gold, probably CBD type chocolate from? Just so that I can avoid it…
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I don't think it's CBD. Cali Gold is a strain of marjywana so more like a straight hash brownie but a chocolate bar. And can someone also point me in the direction of this chocolate to be avoided as well please.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Unfortunately it appears the "wholesaler" has been arrested.

Comment

Copy of PRODUCTS — CALIGOLD CANNABIS PRODUCTS

doesn't look to be CBD. Looks like proper stuff.

Why did mum think that paying £25 for a 100g chocolate bar was ever a great idea? (yes I made those number up, but it ain't gonna be priced like Dairy Milk)
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Copy of PRODUCTS — CALIGOLD CANNABIS PRODUCTS

doesn't look to be CBD. Looks like proper stuff.

Why did mum think that paying £25 for a 100g chocolate bar was ever a great idea? (yes I made those number up, but it ain't gonna be priced like Dairy Milk)
            The first one is always free...
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

If the council is bust -

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...tself-bankrupt

does it mean there are no trading standards officers?

Comment

Working...
              X