• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mr Bone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From "You've never had it so good" onwards, every General Election has been a triumph of hope over experience.

It never gets better no matter which bunch of no hopers wins.

The present selection never seem to have done anything other than professional politics.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I suspect we will fall to Labour and they will do a Gordo & B'liar again.
      We should be so lucky.

A paper bag has more charisma that Sir Keir.
      ​​​​​

​​​​​
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

We should be so lucky.

A paper bag has more charisma that Sir Keir.
        ​​​​​

​​​​​
        Rishi isn't exactly Sir Michael Caine or Sean Connery. Many voters prefer Bozo.

I do think Rishi is now trying harder. I do wish both parties would start offering what the public want.

1. We will fix law and order.
        2. We will control immigration.
        3. If we need more houses or services we will make them happen.
        4. We will protect the public from big business. No tulip in the rivers etc.
        5.we will make Britain profitable.

Most of those are achievable and good for the UK. Many are a 5-20 year plan but a good start can be demonstrated in months.

Would laugh if Our Nige offered all these with the reform party and ended up in #10!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Rishi isn't exactly Sir Michael Caine or Sean Connery. Many voters prefer Bozo.

I do think Rishi is now trying harder. I do wish both parties would start offering what the public want.

You are ignoring when Rishi tries to connect with the people, the people become more turned off and the polls give Labour a bigger lead.

Also he can't go near Truss policies, otherwise he comes across as mad as her and Rees-Mogg.

When Sir Keir tries to connect with the people because everyone knows he's so f***ing boring it makes no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post
            Bent Benton is nexted up.
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-68348594
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What happened to Brenda from Bristol?

Comment

Working...
              X