• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need to make a website for Plan C

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to make a website for Plan C

Morning All,

Plan C has a website,

the website is purely a brochure describing what Plan C does, there is nothing interactive, I made the website,

but it's a really naughty quick and dirty cheat, I made the look and feel in ppt, took screenshots of the slides and saved them as .png's and then put them on the website as the website, so the website is basically screenshots of ppt slides.

I need to make a proper website now, and haven't done this for a few years, and so, asking the experts....

Shall I just make a website from just typing html into notepad myself

or

are there any cheap/free tools that make it even easier to make a simple website ?

I looked on google and lots of people point to Wix.

Is there an alternative since I just need to put simple html with text and pictures, but I want it to look good and also work for all browsers.

Whatta you all think ?

Thanks,

Milan..

p.s. all clever comments are welcome and expected, the floor is yours

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Shall I just make a website from just typing html into notepad myself

or

are there any cheap/free tools that make it even easier to make a simple website ?
    2004 called, they want their question back

Comment

Have you considered drawing various widgets on paper and photographing them? The problem with PowerPoint is the large and inflexible screen area.

Comment

lol

Milan.

Comment

Wix.....

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

thanks

Milan.

Comment

Simple websites, without online sales and stuff, are pretty easy. Did one for my local history group the other day. Feel free to nick the code if you want.

West Hoathly Local History Group (whhistory.org.uk)
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

thanks Xog

Comment

WordPress would be my go to weapon of choice for this.
                  Learning curve not too bad.
                  Massive extensibility available when you need it.
                  Open Source and FOC except some themes and plugins which require payment again if you need them.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

A fairly simple page with images and text descriptions is not that different in principle from my simple history club page. Actually simpler since that uses PHP and MySQL so the chairman can update the events. Flex makes layout pretty easy.

Maybe send me a link to your cheat or post an image of your desired layout. Wouldn't mind doing it if for you for free if it ain't too difficult, like to have a little project to do to keep me old brain working.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 11 October 2023, 20:01.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X