• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slug needs more lettuce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slug needs more lettuce

https://www.theguardian.com/business...lettuce-yatess

A pint of beer during the busiest periods will cost drinkers 20p more under a “dynamic pricing” system introduced by Britain’s largest pub group.

Stonegate Group, which owns chains including the Slug & Lettuce and Yates’s, said it was raising prices at 800 of its venues during peak times, such as weekends, to help cover soaring costs.

It has previously done so during one-off events, such as World Cups, but has now taken the decision to introduce price variance on a more regular basis.
    Suddenly I am feeling all Joe Pesci!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Tom Kerridge was being interviewed about this on R4 this morning.

He pointed out that it's unlikely the price will go up in peak hours but rather a discount is being offered at quieter times of the day, and typical media reporting is twisting it around.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Tom Kerridge was being interviewed about this on R4 this morning.

He pointed out that it's unlikely the price will go up in peak hours but rather a discount is being offered at quieter times of the day, and typical media reporting is twisting it around.
      They put the price up during the football recently.

Comment

I think it's a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          I think it's a good idea
          To be honest that's what I was thinking as well but I thought I'd be the only one. If done properly and not letting pure greed take over then I can't see a problem. I say done properly because the only time I've seen this happen is in the Temple Bar area in Dublin where I believe they put the prices up twice in a night. I've never sussed out if it's well known or by stealth as I'm usually far too drunk to take any notice but the prices are extortionate to start off with so Christ knows what they are at 2am. There might be a sound commercial reason they need to do it but it just feels like utter greed to me.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

They put the price up during the football recently.
            No the price decreases when they have less people in the pub as they don't have to get in more staff including glass collectors.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

No the price decreases when they have less people in the pub as they don't have to get in more staff including glass collectors.
              Stonegate Group, which owns chains including the Slug & Lettuce and Yates’s, said it was raising prices at 800 of its venues during peak times, such as weekends, to help cover soaring costs.

It has previously done so during one-off events, such as World Cups, but has now taken the decision to introduce price variance on a more regular basis.
              Sorry to shock you but the slaver got it right

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Sorry to shock you but the slaver got it right
                Is it a glass half full or a glass half empty?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Is it a glass half full or a glass half empty?
                  Your glass will be half empty after surge pricing

Comment

Working...
                  X