• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monitor light bars - any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor light bars - any good?

I've recently swapped home office desks and want to keep a clean setup ie. as little tulipe on the table top as possible. I used to have a lamp in the corner but it was fairly bulky, so I chucked it and need a replacement - enter monitor light bars. Anyone here uses them? I found the Benq Halo which is a bit much (£150) but comes with a backlight which would work well as my monitor is against a wall.

Any / all recommendations / tips are welcome. Thanks.

I have one of these and like it.....

https://www.mi.com/uk/product/mi-com...tor-light-bar/

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
      I have one of these and like it.....

https://www.mi.com/uk/product/mi-com...tor-light-bar/
      Slightly off tangent but what's the crack with the Xiaomi stuff in general? Good quality decent gear for the price or just a chinese knock off outfit with shoddy second rate stuff?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Slightly off tangent but what's the crack with the Xiaomi stuff in general? Good quality decent gear for the price or just a chinese knock off outfit with shoddy second rate stuff?
        Xiaomi's general reputation isn't too bad. Trying to carve out away from "a chinese knock off outfit". I have seen much, much worse.
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

Xiaomi's general reputation isn't too bad. Trying to carve out away from "a chinese knock off outfit". I have seen much, much worse.
          Yeah same but not many with a proper website setup and I've seen Xiaomi branded shops as well so must be trying to be a proper setup. Still nervous about most of their products though. Most of the outright crap is just via alibaba or wish.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Can only talk about the light bar as I haven't got any other Xiaomi gear but it's sturdy, lights are adjustable both for brightness and 'warmth', and the remote control 'puck' works like it should - I'd defo recommend it as a not-so-basic light bar and for £30ish it's good value as well.

And as mentioned, they have two bricks and mortar shops in the UK (London and Brum) so they must have a reasonable belief in their products or they'd be worried by upset punters turning up in person to complain!

Comment

Now I'm annoyed

Just checked my Xiaomi account to see how long I've had the lightbar (FYI: bought last November) and noticed I paid £49.99......and it's only £34.99 now!

Not saying I'm a tight Welshman or anything but

Comment

Now I'm annoyed

Just checked my Xiaomi account to see how long I've had the lightbar (FYI: bought last November) and noticed I paid £49.99......and it's only £34.99 now!
                That's what happens if you are an early adopter...

Not saying I'm a tight Welshman or anything but
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X