• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working 2 Jobs At The Same Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working 2 Jobs At The Same Time

Ok, who is it?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...-misconduct/p1

(perm rather than contracting)

most permie contracts I have seen preclude two masters and have done for decades.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I suspect both companies are going to be a bit narked that they paid full time rates to someone who was able to do their job part time.

Also interesting that a recruiter sent their CV off, were they looking for a third job??

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I suspect both companies are going to be a bit narked that they paid full time rates to someone who was able to do their job part time.

Also interesting that a recruiter sent their CV off, were they looking for a third job??
        If a "worker" is underutilised then whose fault is it?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

If a "worker" is underutilised then whose fault is it?
          i agree! The hiring company won't see it that way though. To them, they own you for 40 hours a week.

Comment

I've read through all 6 pages (so far) of the MSE thread. To summarise:
            * OP has been working 2 full-time jobs. They claim that these don't overlap, i.e. they were doing the work for job B outside the contracted hours for job A.
            * OP applied for a new job, agency sent their CV to both current employers. Those employers spoke to each other, they're both unhappy, and they've accused OP of misconduct.
            * One (both?) employers has suspended OP, pending a disciplinary hearing.
            * OP wants to take sick leave from both (?) jobs on the basis of stress/fatigue. They've asked for the longest time that they can be off sick on full pay.
            * Once the sick leave is finished, OP intends to give notice before the disciplinary hearing happens. (Aka "You can't fire me because I quit!")

I have to sympathise with the other people on that forum, who are struggling to get straight answers from the OP, and are questioning whether this is genuine or trolling. If it's genuine, I agree that saying "I'm exhausted from working 2 jobs" isn't the best way to defend yourself when the employers say that this is affecting your performance at work!

Comment

I got fed up after page 2, well done for sticking with it

Comment

Working...
              X