• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What have the R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶s̶ Taliban ever done for us?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Taking drugs is not an offense in and off itself.

Being gay is illegal in many countries, that doesn't mean it's not a human right.

Good job the government disagrees with you.

https://www.gov.uk/penalties-drug-possession-dealing

You can get a fine or prison sentence if you:
    • take drugs
    • carry drugs
    • make drugs
    • sell, deal or share drugs (also called ‘supplying’ them)

The penalties depend on the type of drug or substance, the amount you have, and whether you’re also dealing or producing it.
    As it is technically illegal then stopping it happen under medical supervision cannot be against anyone's human rights. do try to make a case for illicit drug taking though. Next stop Islington!

Lets stick to this country shall we? Marrying 9 year olds was legal until recently in Sudan and rape in marriage is legal in many other countries so yes the world is fecked!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Good job the government disagrees with you.

https://www.gov.uk/penalties-drug-possession-dealing

Good job you're not a lawyer. Possession and consuming/taking are not the same. A summary designed for mass consumption of frankly, ignorant people, is not substitute for actual law. Consumption of drugs is only offence when it is in connection with something else, like driving.

As it is technically illegal then stopping it happen under medical supervision cannot be against anyone's human rights. do try to make a case for illicit drug taking though. Next stop Islington!

Lets stick to this country shall we? Marrying 9 year olds was legal until recently in Sudan and rape in marriage is legal in many other countries so yes the world is fecked!
      Firstly, I said I think exploration of one's consciousness through the use of drugs to be a human right, not that it is.

Secondly, your reasoning is absurd. 'It's not against your human rights because we made a law that says it isn't' is legally nonsensical, in this country.

Comment

Good job you're not a lawyer. Possession and consuming/taking are not the same. A summary designed for mass consumption of frankly, ignorant people, is not substitute for actual law. Consumption of drugs is only offence when it is in connection with something else, like driving.

Firstly, I said I think exploration of one's consciousness through the use of drugs to be a human right, not that it is.

Secondly, your reasoning is absurd. 'It's not against your human rights because we made a law that says it isn't' is legally nonsensical, in this country.
        So oh genius, as the charge is possession how precisely do you voluntarily take drugs without possessing them? As the gov site says taking. I think you are confused with possessing class C drugs for personal use is not an offence.

Being unfit to drive is a separate offence as you say.

Your reasoning is worse, its against my human rights to insist I comply with the law of the land, its my Yuman rights to smoke pot to find myself.

Comment

So oh genius, as the charge is possession how precisely do you voluntarily take drugs without possessing them? As the gov site says taking. I think you are confused with possessing class C drugs for personal use is not an offence.
          Prove it. 'We think you're high so you must have been in possession of weed at some point' isn't how the law works.

Your reasoning is worse, its against my human rights to insist I comply with the law of the land, its my Yuman rights to smoke pot to find myself.
          Again, I am not asserting what is and isn't a human right.

I'm going to bow out and you seem incapable of actually reading what is being written and fixated in building strawmen.

Comment

Prove it. 'We think you're high so you must have been in possession of weed at some point' isn't how the law works.

Again, I am not asserting what is and isn't a human right.

I'm going to bow out and you seem incapable of actually reading what is being written and fixated in building strawmen.
            Thank deity for that, I hate having intellectual arguments with unarmed opponents.

Comment

Thank deity for that, I hate having intellectual arguments with unarmed opponents.
              And Gricer sockies.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

Glad you cheered up.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X