• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linkedin inbox of the week - Ok boomer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linkedin inbox of the week - Ok boomer

A recruiter told me only the desperate and people on non-permanent visas take these jobs now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ok-boomer-job.png Views:	0 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	4264241
    Last edited by DrewG; 30 May 2023, 16:32.

Ludicrous that some people think this will sway people's decision but, just wondering, what's that to do with boomers?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      what's that to do with boomers?

Google it.

Comment

2002-2012 I probably would've bitten your arm off for that.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          Ludicrous that some people think this will sway people's decision but, just wondering, what's that to do with boomers?
          I suppose the idea is that it's the "we're very flexible, we have WFH at rates under modern expectations and you can look forward to pizza once a quarter"

Oh and "treat yourself to an early finish on Friday - 5pm!" on a day which is basically "life or death meetings only" for WFH people.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by DrewG View Post
            A recruiter told me only the desperate and people on non-permanent visas take these jobs now.

Click image for larger version Name:	ok-boomer-job.png Views:	0 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	4264241
            You've missed:
            - cycle to work scheme
            - season ticket loan
            - subsidised gym membership
            - free [insert random] exercise classes (which are always on at some time you gave a weekly important meeting )
            - enhanced parental leave
            - X amount of pension contributions (
            ​​​​​which when you check is statutory)
            - y amount of holidays (which when you check is satutory.)
            - z training days (which when you check is a colleague teaching you about some tulipty company system)
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You've missed:
              - cycle to work scheme
              - season ticket loan
              - subsidised gym membership
              - free [insert random] exercise classes (which are always on at some time you gave a weekly important meeting )
              - enhanced parental leave
              - X amount of pension contributions (
              ​​​​​which when you check is statutory)
              - y amount of holidays (which when you check is satutory.)
              - z training days (which when you check is a colleague teaching you about some tulipty company system)
              AMAZING 3% discount at highstreet stores!

Cutting my teeth in FS really did ruin all other industries for me, they actually have decent benefits without sacrificing pay too much.

Comment

Google it.
                Was the recruiter an old fart? Was he acting entitled? Was he a home owner?

Or was he a recruiter (which makes him a tit rather than a boomer).

I’m not sure either.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Google it.
                  Still no clearer:

https://www.google.com/search?q=it

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Was the recruiter an old fart? Was he acting entitled? Was he a home owner?

Or was he a recruiter (which makes him a tit rather than a boomer).

I’m not sure either.
                    Boomer is young person speak for old person. Only old people working in the company leadership and HR would think these are good benefits that will get contractors into the office.

Not understanding OK BOOMER also makes you a boomer in my kids eyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X