• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Look what we found down the back of the sofa...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what we found down the back of the sofa...

Yep it's the Met police again.

The senior officers mentioned apparently include a deputy police commissioner and the chaplain.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/daniel-mo...scotland-yard/

The Met police has issued an apology to the family of private investigator Daniel Morgan after paperwork relating to his case was found in a locked cupboard at Scotland Yard.

Some of the files should have been disclosed to the inquiry into his murder, Scotland Yard said.

LBC can reveal that the documents were found in a safe at New Scotland Yard on the same floor, and the vicinity where the Senior officers sit.

The Met said it had written to his family and Baroness Nuala O’Loan, Chairperson of the Daniel Morgan Independent Panel, to explain what happened and apologise to the family after the files were found in a cupboard that had been locked 'for years'.

The Met was accused of being ‘institutionally corrupt’ in the report released in June 2021 with the force accused of failing to properly investigate the case and covering up mistakes afterwards.

“Concealing or denying failings, for the sake of the organisation’s public image, is dishonesty on the part of the organisation for reputational benefit and constitutes a form of institutional corruption,” the panel concluded.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

A few years ago I was asked to review the business plan for a chain of Private police forces across the country.
    I couldn't really support the business plan back then (political messages on every page of the plan were one reason) for one reason or another but for a number of reasons now including stuff like this I could quite happily support and even pay for private policing,
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      A few years ago I was asked to review the business plan for a chain of Private police forces across the country.
      I couldn't really support the business plan back then (political messages on every page of the plan were one reason) for one reason or another but for a number of reasons now including stuff like this I could quite happily support and even pay for private policing,
      Interesting.

I had a run in with the people behind "My Local Bobby" on LinkedIn recently... I know, not like me at all... they're complete harrisholes IMHO. I called them out for assuming the language of constabulary policing as a mask for what is, in effect, a private security firm employing little better than bouncers. It's dishonest in my opinion.

They did not like that one bit and blocked me shortly after.

'Morning Court, hope that you're well etc., etc.
      Last edited by wattaj; 11 May 2023, 08:20.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Interesting.

I had a run in with the people behind "My Local Bobby" on LinkedIn recently... I know, not like me at all... they're complete harrisholes IMHO. I called them out for assuming the language of constabulary policing as a mask for what is, in effect, a private security firm employing little better than bouncers. It's dishonest in my opinion.

They did not like that one bit and blocked me shortly after.

'Morning Court, hope that you're well etc., etc.
        I'm reasonably okay these days, health continues usual decline etc etc

If you use the Metropolitan polices own estimates as a baseline and benchmark then There are about 11,000 corrupt or bent police staff in the country in total. Just to localise it for you based on those figures Police Scotland has about 1,000 of them. The Met have have shown the country that dishonest policing is a big thing. Thing is the problem is bigger than the met and no one in policing wants to admit to that, own the problem and correct the issue.

The biggest flaw with that business plan aside of possible/potentially probable issues with the numbers is that it was far too political. IMHO only, a business plan is not a place for political marketing.

Hope you are well
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
          ...the problem is bigger than the met and no one in policing wants to admit to that, own the problem and correct the issue.
          ^^ Truth. IMHO.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

^^ Truth. IMHO.
            It is. Although the Met commissioner made a good point - he can't fire serving policemen that have fallen foul of the rules, or actually broken the law. That has to come from further down the chain of command. And if you think the RMT are bad, try negotiating with a Federation Rep....
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

It is. Although the Met commissioner made a good point - he can't fire serving policemen that have fallen foul of the rules, or actually broken the law. That has to come from further down the chain of command. And if you think the RMT are bad, try negotiating with a Federation Rep....
              Indeed he did. It is beyond parody that the police cannot fire officers who are unfit for policing, or that have broken the law. There appear to be endemic problems with policing that won't be resolved by mealy-mouthed platitudes... but, and having said that, I wouldn't want to be doing their job.
              Last edited by wattaj; 11 May 2023, 11:07.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Just listened to Alastair Morgan, Daniel Morgan's brother, on the radio. He was told by a journalist, who he's had lots of contact with over the years this week, there as the safe was found in January.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

try negotiating with a Federation Rep....
                  Now that is something the minister of any government in the last 50 years should have sorted.

Dear Union

Firing a police officer who has been convicted of breaking serious laws is happening regardless of your opinion or threats. It will become law this week.

Love the Minister
                  The fact they aren't being pestered on a daily basis by Commissioners is a failing in the civil servants.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X