• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the day!

https://www.cv-library.co.uk/job/219...r-outside-IR35

Head of IT contractor

8 month initial

Outside IR35

Hybrid (2 days in London)

ASAP starts

In this role, you will be helping to manage the internal IT infrastructure for a successful and high-performing partner. The role will include working with internal IT engineers, Service desk and Senior Leadership to successfully plan, implement and share strategy.

Skills and Experience:
    • Planning and directing the IT technical road map
    • Implementing best practices across organisation
    • Reviewing IT Opex budgets
    • Security / Compliance

If this could be of interest to you or someone you may know, please contact Jack on (phone number removed), email (url removed) and APPLY!

£350-£400 p/day

I see why that might look a bit ludicrous but I must admit it looks like a pretty good opportunity to be fair. In days gone by and I was looking to get out of my niche and move up the chain I'd have considered that. Not the best rate granted but that means it's unlikely to get any highly experienced bods in so a chance for someone to get Head of IT on their CV's. I'm sure many mid level service bods would be eyeing that as well. 400 quid for a short period to then potentially add 200+ a day for the rest of the career as Head of IT is very tempting. Looks like a belting way to climb the career ladder when contractors generally can't generally move.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There's no way they'll get someone with that experience for that rate with 2 days required in London.

Comment

Looks like maternity cover imho.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          Looks like maternity cover imho.
          Yep - and taking such a cover job is a great way to rapidly progress your career...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I can't see how it would be an Outside role, especially if it is Mat/Pat leave cover

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I can't see how it would be an Outside role, especially if it is Mat/Pat leave cover
              Small firm so Chapter 8 rules?

I would agree that the job is inside just because of the nature of the role but I can see why an agency will be advertising it as outside to try and get someone to take it.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
              X