• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That will upset Suella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That will upset Suella

https://www.zurich.com/en/media/maga...al%20disasters.

According to UNHCR, the UN’s refugee agency, an annual average of 21.5 million people have been forcibly displaced by weather-related events – such as floods, storms, wildfires and extreme temperatures – since 2008. These numbers are expected to surge in coming decades with forecasts from international thinktank the IEP predicting that 1.2 billion people could be displaced globally by 2050 due to climate change and natural disasters.
    possibly missing something

For instance, when two category 4 hurricanes hit Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador in November 2020, people poured across the border into Mexico and headed towards the U.S. as torrential rains and landslides meant they lost their homes, livelihoods and access to clean water.
    But don't they have cat 4 hurricanes in Mexico & the USA?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

In the UK we don't have enough young working age people, so we re going to have to import some.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      In the UK we don't have enough young working age people, so we re going to have to import some.
      There are plenty of workshy lazy bastards claiming benefits in the UK - they lack ambition and drive! Why work for something when you can either steal it, defraud someone of it or just claim benefits?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Or in the UK we are likely to be hit heavily by automation in low paid jobs just as many went abroad in the 90s/00s we need to plan for having no jobs once shops , delivery & warehouses are automated!

Any job under the higher rate tax is likely to pay very little into the tax pot for your old age, if we import we just make more people consuming services.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

There are plenty of workshy lazy bastards claiming benefits in the UK - they lack ambition and drive! Why work for something when you can either steal it, defraud someone of it or just claim benefits?
          Send them to Rwanda!
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Send them to Rwanda!
            All the government, or just some?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

All the government, or just some?
              all of them and the opposition

we can elect El Presidente WTFH for life!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

all of them and the opposition

we can elect El Presidente WTFH for life!
                While I agree with the sentiment of your first line, and I appreciate your support in the second line, like all third world countries run by megalomaniac dictators, I have a suspicion that it would be a very short life.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

While I agree with the sentiment of your first line, and I appreciate your support in the second line, like all third world countries run by megalomaniac dictators, I have a suspicion that it would be a very short life.
                  into each life some rain must fall

Comment

Every cloud etc...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X