• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronation cashback.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coronation cashback.

I have just been informed I will be paid as usual for the coronation bank holiday without having to work.

Has anyone else had a similar result?

Sounds permy to me...

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
      Sounds permy to me...
      Its an inside gig but so what - my net pay is higher than any outside gigs I have seen in my area of expertise in the past 12 months and the government gets more cash to improve the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Its an inside gig but so what - my net pay is higher than any outside gigs I have seen in my area of expertise in the past 12 months and the government gets more cash to improve the UK.
        If you think the gov use our taxes to "improve the UK" then you are seriously misguided....

Comment

Originally posted by brightondeveloper View Post

If you think the gov use our taxes to "improve the UK" then you are seriously misguided....
          Well it gets spent on things like roads and doctors and firemen, I consider those good things.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have just been informed I will be paid as usual for the coronation bank holiday without having to work.

Has anyone else had a similar result?
            Think I know where you are working

I got the same email on Friday - which means I'm off May 5th-9th and recording May 8th as a working day. Money for absolutely nothing.

Got to admit I wasn't expecting it but I'm not complaining...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well inside means it doesn't matter, but still claiming that you pay more taxes so ir35 doesn't matter isn't going to fly with hmrc I'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Think I know where you are working

I got the same email on Friday - which means I'm off May 5th-9th and recording May 8th as a working day. Money for absolutely nothing.

Got to admit I wasn't expecting it but I'm not complaining...
                I got the same email today, lots of contractors where I am, so iI may be in the same place as well

Comment

Same here, inside gig for central government. Just waiting for May to see what the rate increase will be (based on inflation), back dated to Oct last year.

Comment

Working...
                  X