• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"The modern workplace is a hive of inactivity and low productivity"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    I'm working for quite a small Co at the moment (~£100M) and the team was doing great until they hired a scrum master. Now we are in pointless meetings all-day and the scrum master is dictating technology choices (despite being woefully out of his depth in the field). This is where your productivity is going.
    Ah, Scrum Masters. . The pinnacle of peak creativity over productivity if ever there was one!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'm working for quite a small Co at the moment (~£100M) and the team was doing great until they hired a scrum master. Now we are in pointless meetings all-day and the scrum master is dictating technology choices (despite being woefully out of his depth in the field). This is where your productivity is going.
      My current US based scrum master cannot run meetings to time.

Bad enough for me when I want to **** off out of Canary Wharf at 5pm on my days in the office. Awful for my Indian colleagues who probably want to spark a can and watch a bit of TV before bedtime.

Comment

Our little team at client co has just been assigned a new ADC - the previous one was quite hands off, was a very good enabler and quickly cut back all the 'ceremonies' to a daily stand up and a fortnightly planning meeting. The new ADC has put in retrospectives, refinement and planning sessions on top of the daily stand ups and is making many 'scrum master' sounding noises. They're also challenging the scope of the team's work and saying building reports for something that's not live should take higher priority than building reports for something that went live before Christmas and which paying customers are complaining about.

So glad I'm just a contractor, the product manager is going to start tearing their hair out

Comment

Working...
        X