• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May Local Elections In England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Having to show ID is gonna change the results in Bradford and other notorious areas I am sure.
    Why do you think that?
    And, will it make a material difference - aren't many of these areas strong Labour holds anyway?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Why do you think that?
      And, will it make a material difference - aren't many of these areas strong Labour holds anyway?
      Maybe I'm just biased but there is a new story about voting fraud on epic scales Bradford every single year.
      They are, which is a good point. They'd probably still be strong Lab even without the fraud to be fair.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Maybe I'm just biased but there is a new story about voting fraud on epic scales Bradford every single year.
        They are, which is a good point. They'd probably still be strong Lab even without the fraud to be fair.
        they say that about slough, watch this space...
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Maybe I'm just biased but there is a new story about voting fraud on epic scales Bradford every single year..
          There are lots of stories about voter fraud, I imagine most are tosh. A significant minority of Americans think their last election involved significant fraud.
          Are the stories you see well-evidenced or just baseless claims? I can imagine it might happen, but that it's far less common than people claim.

A bit like the "Facebook listens to my conversations" claims, I think there's probably a simpler explanation.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            There are lots of stories about voter fraud, I imagine most are tosh. A significant minority of Americans think their last election involved significant fraud.
            Are the stories you see well-evidenced or just baseless claims? I can imagine it might happen, but that it's far less common than people claim.

A bit like the "Facebook listens to my conversations" claims, I think there's probably a simpler explanation.
            Actually in certain communities it is rife. I have heard first hand on numerous occasions. They are very patriarchal and what the head man says goes. They also do a lot of postal votes to make sure people vote in a certain way. As they tend to only dominate a few wards that would probably vote that way not much is done about it. But again like FGM we do the women here a particular disservice for the sake of 'community cohesion'.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Actually in certain communities it is rife. I have heard first hand on numerous occasions. They are very patriarchal and what the head man says goes. They also do a lot of postal votes to make sure people vote in a certain way. As they tend to only dominate a few wards that would probably vote that way not much is done about it. But again like FGM we do the women here a particular disservice for the sake of 'community cohesion'.
              Careful, you're likely to get your post deleted if you mention the specifics of the communities involved.

https://indianexpress.com/article/wo...itain-2971204/
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Careful, you're likely to get your post deleted if you mention the specifics of the communities involved.

https://indianexpress.com/article/wo...itain-2971204/
                Thanks, in my years of working with many from South Asia, it is the subset you've pointed to that seem to have more of this. As an aside I haven't met a Sikh that I haven't really liked.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

https://www.electoralcommission.org....ral-fraud-data

This is electoral fraud from the Tories:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oyster-Cards.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	4257102
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    https://www.electoralcommission.org....ral-fraud-data

This is electoral fraud from the Tories:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oyster-Cards.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	4257102
                    OK, perhaps I'm being dim (again) but I can't see the link between the quoted website and the images. The website itself proves rather conclusively that actual fraud is very low, and well over half is about campaigning rather than voting.

So your point is?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

OK, perhaps I'm being dim (again) but I can't see the link between the quoted website and the images. The website itself proves rather conclusively that actual fraud is very low, and well over half is about campaigning rather than voting.

So your point is?

He's deceiving again. He's trying to show discrimination between older white and younger black voters. What he declines to disclose is that the 60+ requires proof of residency whereas the 18+ card doesn't as its primarily aimed at students. Guilty of misdirection with intent to deceive.

Comment

Working...
                      X