• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official budget thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

Threshold is from 250k profits upwards though so only NLUK affected here.
    Not sure how quickly you get to 250 on 250/day inside 5 days in office roles...
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

£60k annual limit on pensions updated - so £5k per month, upped from £3,333 with no tax implications.

Comment

Isn't it 19% on 50k then 26.5% on the rest, then 25% on nluk wage

Comment

So to summarise so far:
          - Get old people back in work
          - Get parents back in full-time work (steal Labour's idea)
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

PDF with nasty details he “forgot” to mention -

https://assets.publishing.service.go...udget_2023.pdf

Comment

MPAA going up to £10k. Will that encourage people in receipt of taxable income from DC pensions to return to work though ...?

Comment

As I'm now classed a disabled can I claim "Funding for up to 50,000 places on new voluntary employment scheme for disabled people"?

I'll give anything a go while I'm still capable of working as once I'm not, I'm stuffed.....

Comment

Pension Taper still in but increased to 10k, ridiculous really, could not even bring to allow all taxpayers save 60k per year on same conditions, why put 10k (less really since thats inc tax) into pension that can be changed later when 20k can be put into ISAs???

Comment

• Prison sentences for those convicted of marketing tax avoidance schemes

Comment

"An extra £10m over next two years for charities helping to prevent suicide". Think he' sfeeling a bit guilty?

https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...s_suicide.html

Nope, not a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X