• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Matt Handjob could be...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Handjob could be...

..bankrupted by civil servants union.

Apparently Matt Handjob releasing WhatsApp messages with civil servant names in could lead to him being sued and then bankrupted.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I thought it was everyone else who was releasing the WhatsApp messages, despite strict NDAs in place.

Do you like the thought of giving him a HJ?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I thought it was everyone else who was releasing the WhatsApp messages, despite strict NDAs in place.

Do you like the thought of giving him a HJ?
      He shared the messages with a journalist, who was working with him on his book, who then breached the NDA.

So, if he hadn't been so dumb as to think he could trust a journalist then the messages would never have gotten out.

Her excuse for publishing is tenuous and in bad faith IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

He shared the messages with a journalist, who was working with him on his book, who then breached the NDA.

So, if he hadn't been so dumb as to think he could trust a journalist then the messages would never have gotten out.

Her excuse for publishing is tenuous and in bad faith IMO.
        one assumes the lawyer who wrote the NDA confirmed the right to process?

tis funny though!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks the UK government just looks completely shoddy and unprofessional using WhatsApp?

Company I am currently at banned all business communication via messaging apps some time ago.

Now only Bloomberg Chat is allowed with it being widely highlighted that the audit/legal departments will have access to all messages.

You would think it was a massive security issue, right? The only good thing is they seem to have been hoisted by their own petard, due to their technical ineptitude.
          Last edited by reddog; 2 March 2023, 16:38.

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post
            Am I the only one that thinks the UK government just looks completely shoddy and unprofessional using WhatsApp?

Company I am currently at banned all business communication via messaging apps some time ago.

Now only Bloomberg Chat is allowed with it being widely highlighted that the audit/legal departments will have access to all messages.

You would think it was a massive security issue, right? The only good thing is they seem to have been hoisted by their own petard, due to their technical ineptitude.
            Previous large american firm mandated teams which was fully logged. All others were disabled.

WhatsApp is hardly secure.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post

I've never been allowed to use WhatsApp regardless of the company or organisation, and that includes public sector, I've worked/contracted for.

I've used all the mainstream ones and they have been changed company wide after someone has done a security audit.

Anyway it seems a case of one rule for them and another for the minions.

Comment

The alternative to something like WhatsApp is for them to use their own app. Which went really well with the Covid app. Thy could develop it to use a central server for security, except the server would be running Windows 2000 and immediately hacked.

It seems a lot of the journalists use Telegram, but all this "we need a secure app" seems rather pointless when the people using it just share all the messages themselves.

Comment

The alternative to something like WhatsApp is for them to use their own app.
                  As far as I'm aware it isn't an approved app for large companies and government departments like Teams, Slack, etc.

Which went really well with the Covid app.
                  I was informed that other European countries screwed up but not as badly as the UK.

Thy could develop it to use a central server for security, except the server would be running Windows 2000 and immediately hacked.

It seems a lot of the journalists use Telegram, but all this "we need a secure app" seems rather pointless when the people using it just share all the messages themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    As far as I'm aware it isn't an approved app for large companies and government departments like Teams, Slack, etc.
                    Probably not, but some sort of instant messaging app should be... are SMS allowed?

I was informed that other European countries screwed up but not as badly as the UK.
                    Yeah it wasn't commentary on the UK, but on the idea of using a bespoke government app and expecting it to be as good as something like WA.
                    What you really want would perhaps be the ability to buy a private WA on your own servers, but I don't think that's something anyone really solid does? The idea we just trust everything sensitive to some 3rd party is fundamentally dodgy.

Comment

Working...
                    X