• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have BLM gone on strike?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have BLM gone on strike?

Seems there is no comment on this Police Brutality?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-earlier.html

Ex-cops charged with Tyre Nichols’ murder are now accused of brutally beating another black man, 22, just three days earlier
    • Monterrious Harris says he was beaten by cops just miles from Nichols' beating
    • The members of Memphis' SCORPION unit were all fired after Nichols' murder

or does it only matter if they can accuse people of racism?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-earlier.html

Do you think black lives don't matter?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I think all lives matter, don't you?

The apparently innocent victim was beaten to death by five police officers that is wrong and the victim was black so one expects BLM to wade in in light of the police brutality. The man was actively killed.

This incident varies massively from George Floyd who had an extensive criminal record, was heavily if not lethally intoxicated on illegal drugs and who was restrained inappropriately (the hold used was a legacy technique taught to police officers).

In neither of these circumstances do the amount of melatonin in the actors make any difference to the facts or me, but BLM seem to think they do.

Comment

I think all lives matter, don't you?
        Some elements of society or persecuted much more than others and/or face more barriers to the opportunities others take for granted.

The fact that Tyre Nichols was killed by black police or that other black people are killed by black people doesn't change that.

Last edited by TheDude; 9 February 2023, 16:02.

Comment

Do you mean that you didn't look for any comment, and that was enough to reinforce your prejudice?

https://blacklivesmatter.com/black-l...-tyre-nichols/
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No more than anyone else's!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Some elements of society or persecuted much more than others and/or face more barriers to the opportunities others take for granted.

The fact that Tyre Nichols was killed by black police or that other black people are killed by black people doesn't change that.

Precisely. BLM should see Police Brutality was committed against someone that BLM claim to protect and act. The previous 'victims' they have supported have had a chequered history to say the least. Tyre Nichols was a family man who worked for Fedex and should make their point perfectly rather than support an ex armed robber or drug barons ex moll and possibly cash launderer. From the facts I know Mr Nichols was a credible victim that I felt sorry for.

Sadly according to the official statistics 'Black' people (of recent African heritage) are far more likely to be arrested, die in custody or imprisoned in most western societies. People of Arab, Asian or southern Asian are less likely to be arrested, die in custody or imprisoned than whites who are less likely to be incarcerated etc. White racists don't tend to ignore non whites because they aren't black. My experience is that racism is alive and growing in all 'races' with POC happy to make comments that worry me about other races.

Are the courts & prisons biased only against Africans or is it all institutionalised racism?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Do you mean that you didn't look for any comment, and that was enough to reinforce your prejudice?

https://blacklivesmatter.com/black-l...-tyre-nichols/
                no marches or armed protest??

Comment

There is some interesting reading that says the problem in the States is culture not race. For example, stats show 70% of black kids are born to single monthers and have no father in their lives so turn to peers i.e. gangs and never have the right upbringing so the problem begins to grow until all black people are labelled with this culture and people then call it a race issue. The underlying problem is cultural not a skin colour.

If this culture breeds disproportinate levels of offenders then even black police will be profiling them and beating them. More evidence to the fact it's not race it's culture. The black cops are sick of scroaty people running off over time so they give them a licking and stats say they are more likely to be black. I don't believe they beat them because they are black, more because it's an undercurrent of violent people with no respect for the law due to their upbringing. This is a problem in white, hispanic, whatever groups but more so in black because of their culture. Then there is the reporting of it all as well. Does anyone remember Randall Worcester? White guy that got a severe beating by white officers in Aug 2022? No, course you don't.

I would be willing to bet even if you had a police force made up of any number of races that were truely not racist and no arrests/beatings were just because they are black there would still be a higher proportion of black deaths/beatings because that is the culture that a disproportionate number violent offenders are coming from.

It's not the answer to everything, it's a hugely complex and emotive topic but got to put some context around why it's more likely to be a black person than white before going straight down the racist line. I'm sure it plays a part and it's something we in UK won't understand as we don't have racism like the US does. Same for gun control, we don't have a clue about the problem because we don't live it.

These aren't my opinions and highly contencious, just pointing out it's not as straightforward as some elements are more persecuted than others.
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 9 February 2023, 17:33.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

no marches or armed protest??
                    Aren't the most vocal leaders in jail for stealing from the BLM coffers?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X