• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC fines for errors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Talking of GB News, I see JRM has joined their ranks
    I thought he was in a safe seat? The rest of them are trying for their post parliament jobs.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Talking of GB News, I see JRM has joined their ranks
      ah excellent the Georgian perspective!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It gets you eventually sacked as Tory Party Chairman.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rs-rishi-sunak

Rishi Sunak has sacked the Conservative party chair, Nadhim Zahawi, after he was found to have breached the ministerial code over his tax affairs.

The former chancellor has faced extensive questions in parliament and the media after it emerged he agreed to pay millions to HMRC following a settlement with the tax department.

In a letter to the Tory party chair, Sunak said the ethics adviser, Sir Laurie Magnus, had concluded there was a “serious breach” of the ministerial code. “As a result, I have informed you of my decision to remove you from your position in His Majesty’s Government,” he said.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          It gets you eventually sacked as Tory Party Chairman.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rs-rishi-sunak

Rishi Sunak has sacked the Conservative party chair, Nadhim Zahawi, after he was found to have breached the ministerial code over his tax affairs.

The former chancellor has faced extensive questions in parliament and the media after it emerged he agreed to pay millions to HMRC following a settlement with the tax department.

In a letter to the Tory party chair, Sunak said the ethics adviser, Sir Laurie Magnus, had concluded there was a “serious breach” of the ministerial code. “As a result, I have informed you of my decision to remove you from your position in His Majesty’s Government,” he said.
          Pretty stupid thing to not disclose that type on information when you are appointed to the most senior financial post in the country. He must have known it was the wrong thing to do so he's gone. Swift and correct action.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Swift and correct action.
            While it was the latter it definitely was not the former.

And Gove got shafted on air.

Comment

Working...
            X