• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google reviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google reviews

I was looking into a car park at Exeter Airport (Flyparks), and was initially put off by their Google review of 3.3/5.

However, drilling down into the actual comments told a different story. All bar one of the negative reviews had been attributed to the car park by mistake. The company's responses to the comments were quite amusing. Paraphrasing:

We're at Exeter Airport, not Liverpool.
    We're a car park, not a hotel.
    We don't charge in $, and nor do we have any record of this person using our car park. Possibly wrong country as well as wrong company.
    We don't operate a shuttle bus. We're only 120m from the airport terminal.

--------------------

I don't know whether they've tried to get Google to remove the erroneous reviews but I imagine that might be a bit tortuous.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

My GP surgery was left a 1 start google review on how they didn't do someone's eye test. They never do eye tests. Either you go to an optician who will refer you to the local eye hospital if they notice a problem, they write you a referral to the eye department, or you go yourself directly or though A&E.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Google reviews do need to be taken with a pinch of salt because they are, for the most part, written by idiots.

I tend to scan through the 5 and 1 star reviews to see what people are talking about and look out for things that are important to me regarding the service.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Google reviews do need to be taken with a pinch of salt because they are, for the most part, written by idiots.

I tend to scan through the 5 and 1 star reviews to see what people are talking about and look out for things that are important to me regarding the service.
        Idiots & paid shills frequently.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Especially so called Local Guides" who seem not the visit the places they review
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I love reading google reviews. I find them so entertaining, especially of course the 1 star reviews and the replies from the business.

The most entertaining ones are for GP surgeries and car garages

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Especially so called Local Guides" who seem not the visit the places they review
              I'm apparently a 'Local Guide' cos I do put up a lot of reviews. This is how I know that the reviews are written by idiots.

According to the stats, I have had a total 15.5 million views of my photos (37k new in the past week!). I am apparently one of the top 10% bar and restaurant reviewers on Google, which is a claim I find suspicious.

Comment

I'm apparently a 'Local Guide' cos I do put up a lot of reviews. This is how I know that the reviews are written by idiots.

According to the stats, I have had a total 15.5 million views of my photos (37k new in the past week!). I am apparently one of the top 10% bar and restaurant reviewers on Google, which is a claim I find suspicious.
                How do you find your stats? I want to see mines

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

How do you find your stats? I want to see mines
                  Open up Google Maps and tap on Contribute. You can see more if you then click on 'View your profile'

Comment

That's because lots of people review on google once and don't put anymore reviews.

My most popular photo of 2022 is of a bloody closed store! And only because Google refused to update the store details. For some reason retailers will not update closed locations so it takes people like me to do so.
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 27 January 2023, 08:54.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X