• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come to London the fantastically safe city!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to London the fantastically safe city!!!

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/met...060000160.html

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley has described London as a “fantastically safe” city as the force announced a drop in homicide rates last year.

The head of Britain’s biggest police force said the capital is a place to “live, work and enjoy yourself” as he visited a boxing gym in Ilford, east London, on Thursday.

Alongside mayor of London Sadiq Khan, the commissioner met Box Up Crime founder Stephen Addison, who set up the club to provide vulnerable young people with a community and a path away from crime.

It came as the force promised it was cracking down on offences targeting youngsters, releasing figures which showed the number of teenage killings halved in 2022.
    oh goody overall murder figures are now only 13 more than when Boris was in charge and this is when no one goes into London anymore. Done us proud.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ers-in-london/

It seems prosecuting county lines was successful. They were recounting the previous convictions and many of those they arrested were very well known to the Police.

Could do better. Grasp the fecking nettle and stop their poor parents & loved ones suffering.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/met...060000160.html

oh goody overall murder figures are now only 13 more than when Boris was in charge and this is when no one goes into London anymore. Done us proud.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ers-in-london/

It seems prosecuting county lines was successful. They were recounting the previous convictions and many of those they arrested were very well known to the Police.

Could do better. Grasp the fecking nettle and stop their poor parents & loved ones suffering.
    Or, alternatively, let the stabby people wipe themselves out. A thinning out of the herd, so to speak.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Or, alternatively, let the stabby people wipe themselves out. A thinning out of the herd, so to speak.
      its a big feckin herd as we keep releasing them until they finally kill someone, also they have a rubbish aim many of those stabbed / shot in a drive by turn out to be completely innocent.

Also each incident costs >£1 million plus to police.

Comment

its a big feckin herd as we keep releasing them until they finally kill someone, also they have a rubbish aim many of those stabbed / shot in a drive by turn out to be completely innocent.

Also each incident costs >£1 million plus to police.
        How much does "Preventative Policing" cost?

How willing are you to accept that Stop and Search/Robust Policing may cause hurty feelings?

Personally, I don't give a tulip, society is already f*cked!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

How much does "Preventative Policing" cost?

How willing are you to accept that Stop and Search/Robust Policing may cause hurty feelings?

Personally, I don't give a tulip, society is already f*cked!
          As they were mostly known to the Police popping them in Prison would cost the same if you gave a 20 year sentence (its £50k a year for a prison sentence). I'm fine with that.

I happy with Stop & search it has a >25% success rate and costs peanuts. Few other methods do. What does need to happen is for it to be more intelligence based so the success rate was >50% it would be totally defensible then. With AI on CCTV that should be possible there are clear indicators when people are being deceitful / aggressive.

Racist Campaigner :"you keep stopping people of colour"
          Police : well we charge 50% of them, so its pretty good. We have lower levels of offenders in the whites we stop.

Problem is we still need to live in society.

Comment

I don't feel unsafe in the parts of London I like to spend my time. The vast majority of people don't have an adverse experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I don't feel unsafe in the parts of London I like to spend my time. The vast majority of people don't have an adverse experience.
              Now where is this sort of reasonable approach going to get us? We need histrionics about the 'black tide'.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you compare London to it's nearest US peer cities (New York, LA and Chicago), then it's murder rate is way less than NY and LA and 90% less than Chicago. It has broadly the same rates of crime as European peers like Paris and Rome and a bit more than Berlin and Madrid.

I've lived in several different parts of North, West, South and central London for long parts of my life and whilst I would never say it's a 'fantastically' safe city (that's Tokyo), I feel safer than many other cities I've been to throughout the world.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Now where is this sort of reasonable approach going to get us? We need histrionics about the 'black tide'.
                  Sadly it seems statistically you are more likely to be stabbed if you are a young male involved in drugs from an ethnic minority. Them the facts.

You were less likely to be murdered in London with Boris in charge that is scary.

Stats per offence per 1000 people are worse than last year on most things

https://crimerate.co.uk/london#londo...al-crime-rates

27/1000 for violence & sexual offences across London scares me

Well don't go into the city of London.

You have to wonder when they say Slough is 86% safer than City of London!

https://crimerate.co.uk/berkshire/sl...ondon-x-london

Slough is let down by Chalvey which is no surprise.

Comment

Sadly it seems statistically you are more likely to be stabbed if you are a young male involved in drugs from an ethnic minority. Them the facts.

You were less likely to be murdered in London with Boris in charge that is scary.

Stats per offence per 1000 people are worse than last year on most things

https://crimerate.co.uk/london#londo...al-crime-rates

27/1000 for violence & sexual offences across London scares me

Well don't go into the city of London.

You have to wonder when they say Slough is 86% safer than City of London!

https://crimerate.co.uk/berkshire/sl...ondon-x-london

Slough is let down by Chalvey which is no surprise.
                    What do you expect if you elect a mayor with no interest in doing the job he was elected to do but is focussed on fashionable green and woke agendas to the exclusion of everything else, and allow him to direct the Met Police with their variously inept senior officers...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X