• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it cuz I is Blue?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it cuz I is Blue?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Navi-blue.html

Woke film critic is mocked for accusing Avatar: The Way of Water of 'cultural appropriation' claiming 'white actors' are 'cosplaying people of color'
    • Freelance film critic Kathia Woods tweeted her critique of Avatar yesterday
    • She was brutally mocked for her claim that white actors 'cos played' as 'poc'
    • 'James Cameron didn't even try to find native blue people,' joked one reporter
    • Avatar: The Way of Water is about the fictional indigenous alien Na'vi community
    • What's more, many of the actors in central roles are black and some are Maori
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Maybe she should have checked the list of actors on IMDB before posting.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=avat...the+water+cast

Of the 41 people in that list I only count around 18 or so white. She'd have had a better argument that women aren't equally represented with only 15 out of 41.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

“Freelance film critic”
      i.e. a bit like Clarkson, relies on attention to pay the bills.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        “Freelance film critic”
        i.e. a bit like Clarkson, relies on attention to pay the bills.
        I'm struggling to believe any customer wants that amount of twaddle though. Doesn't reflect very well on them even though she is freelance.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X